Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$91
US$99
Courtyard
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$114
US$395
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hyatt.com
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$125
Travelocity
US$105
All reviewsindoor poolchoice hotelsold town scottsdalefront deskbreakfast roomsf giants spring trainingseparate sitting arealemon wateryogurtstay there againhard boiled eggsguest laundrywaffle makerroom safesmall refrigeratorstayed two nightsshopping and dining
Reviewed 13 January 2018

The management of this Comfort Suites must have changed around a year ago, because the quality of the rooms and the customer service has declined drastically. When I checked in I was given a room on the first floor, next to the elevator and about 10 feet from the lobby even though I always request a high floor (for obvious security reasons, and it would be nice to open the curtains and let some natural light into the room) and a quiet room. I asked if I could please have a room on a higher floor as requested. The front desk clerk said yes he had a room available on the 3rd floor, but the computer wouldn't let him change my room. That's a first!
I was awakened throughout the night by the constant sound of rolling suitcases on the tile flooring outside my room as well as loud talking and laughing, trash trucks right outside my window, people talking near my window. It was an awful night's sleep.
I had some urgent phone calls in the morning and I went down to get some breakfast around 8:55 am. When I went to get some coffee, the woman working in the breakfast room took the coffee urn and said I was too late, breakfast is over at 9:00 am. Who ends breakfast service at 9???? I travel on business weekly and stay at many free breakfast hotels and the breakfast is always available until 10 am. But the rudeness and obvious poor training of the personnel is what really offended me.
The room was in poor repair, chipping paint, scratches all over the lower part of the door (maybe a dog?) the shower nozzle was breaking away from the shower surround.
It's a shame because the Comfort Suites has a great location in Scottsdale - I had stayed here several times before and people were great, I was given a room according to my preferences, and I had a much needed good night's rest. But something changed about a year ago when I also had a bad experience and decided to try other hotels. I thought I would try this hotel again last week, hoping that bad experience was a fluke - what a mistake. Never again. I can't recommend this Comfort Suites and would advise others to stay elsewhere if possible.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank westhollywoodtravel
KaiMcCormick, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hello again,
Once again I would like to apologize for the service you felt you received. The hotel was sold out during your visit and we were limited on the rooms we had available when you arrived, we do apologize that you felt the room was not up to your expectations. I have shared your comments on the condition of the room with my maintenance team to ensure that we get the issues you pointed out up to par. In regard to the breakfast attendant; our breakfast hours, like every Choice Hotel in the country, are 6 am- 9am Mon-Fri and 7 am -10 am Sat and Sun, before, during and after breakfast we offer 24 hour lobby coffee and there are personal coffee machines in each room. I am sorry that none of these options were offered or mentioned to you when you came down after breakfast service ended.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Front desk was most helpful upon checking in our tired bodies. Extra towels, blankets, sighs of relief into our cozy beds for a long (warm) winter's nap. Clean, tidy, great stay. We were on the bottom floor, right by the lobby and it was still quiet enough to sleep soundly. Recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Dorothy K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much this for OUTSTANDING rating and review! We are glad you enjoyed your getaway with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Shame on me for not paying more attention to other reviews. Check in with Kai was efficient and welcoming. And that was the last warm & fuzzy feeling I had during the next 2 days.(I did discover at that time that while I thought I was making a reservation online directly with them, it was really through a 3rd party site that even they had never heard of. Beware.)
The rooms were clean but worn out. No towel bars in the bathrooms due to unfinished renovations, I was told. The power strip that controlled the refrigerator, etc. was turned off so nothing worked until that was discovered hours later. It took a minimum of 7 swipes of the key to unlock the doors. The TV service was out the entire time we were there and when we asked about it several times, we were told it was being worked on and should be back in an hour. We were there 48 hours but it never did come on. I asked about a credit for no TV, was told the manager would get back to me about it. No discount on my final statement and no communication from the manager. We had no maid service during the 2 days and had to call for additional towels after day 2. And upon check-out, no "thanks for staying here" or "how was your stay". More of an attitude of "don't let the door hit you on your way out".
I've never been less impressed with a facility and the attitude of the staff. For my several hundred $$, I expected at the least a "have a nice day".

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 19slf55

I apologize we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team here to ensure we deliver the level of service our guests expect. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and I do hope we can host you on your next trip to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I reserved 2 rooms at this Comfort Suites during the Christmas holiday this year *2017 and the rooms and staff were amazing! The rooms are very spacious and beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are just a little small, but overall each room I reserved was in amazing shape and showed little wear. I reserved a king suite and a 2 queen suite and both rooms were great! The lounge area was very nice so my family and I could chat and have some dinner in the room together for the Christmas holiday. This place has 2 hot tubs, one outdoor and one indoor. Also there is an indoor pool. I used the laundry guest facility and it worked with no issues. Overall, I would stay here again on any trip to the Phoenix area. Its about 8 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mmmduffser

Thank you for this OUTSTANDING rating and review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I would rate this property as a place to stay if you want to be near old town Scottsdale but it is need of some minor repairs. The door casings in our bathroom were rusted thru. They had been painted recently but the rust was coming back. The mattresses were worn to the point that a water bed would have been firmer. The TV messed up on us a couple times. Like I say, still in need of repairs. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast furnished.

Room Tip: East rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Dorothy K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

I'm sorry we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff here so that we can make the necessary improvements to deliver the level of service and accommodations our guests expect. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay with us more comfortable, please let us know so we can take care of it right away.