Sedona Summit Resort
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Wyndham Sedona(Sedona)
1,852 results
All reviewstime sharesunset suitesales pitchmesa suitetimeshare presentationfull kitchenpools and hot tubsred rocksone bedroom unitadult poolwasher and dryerfree giftmid week cleaningliving roomhigh pressureparking passtimeshare exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Last month, I had the pleasure of staying at the Sedona Summit with 4 of my best friends while celebrating my milestone birthday. Upon arrival, one word came to all of our minds: Fabulous! As a Diamond Resort owner, who is currently residing in the U.K., I have had the opportunity to experience properties everywhere from Maui, Hawaii to Mougins, France . . . . and I must say, this property rivals those with great ease. Not only was the location desirable, the view impressive and the 3-bedroom Sunset suite beautiful, but, the staff -- namely Concierge-extraordinaire, Molly Cherry -- went above and beyond to ensure that our stay and celebration were most memorable. I would recommend this property without hesitation and look forward to staying again . . . and again! Well Done and Cheers!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kandace B
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

“Stellar Stay”, that is what we like to hear. We will continue to work our hardest to get all who stay at the Sedona Summit to say this as they depart our resort.

We are happy to read that you found our staff helpful and exceeding your expectations. Be assured that all who stay with us will receive world class service and enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you for the “Well Done” and we will continue to strive to be the best in all of Sedona.

We are grateful for your business with Diamond Resorts International and look forward to your continued business.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife & I stayed in a 1 bedroom, very roomy and nicely appointed with granite counter tops, large bathroom with garden tub & shower, tray ceiling, visual fireplace, large flat screen TV, nice patio and very nice pool complex. Our second trip to Sedona in three years and we are reserving another condo for 2012, yes at Sedona Summit. This time a 2 bedroom unit so we can bring our grandson for a graduation present to the Grand Canyon & other sites. We were pleasantly surprised that the staff didn't constantly disturb us with a sales pitch and were very professional. We are falling in love with northern Arizona. The only real negative was, at the time, WiFi wasn't free, as many resorts do offer this feature free but some restaurants in the area offer free WiFi which is what we did only at lunch time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thistlehill

We are happy to read that you are falling in love with Northern Arizona. Mostly we are pleased that you are coming back for a second stay here at the Sedona Summit where you can enjoy Northern Arizona to the fullest.

We consider ourselves very lucky to have you celebrate your special family activity at our resort. Booking a 2 bedroom, I may suggest a 2 bedroom Sunset or a 2 bedroom lock off Mesa.
Thank you very much for your great review and highlighting your stay with us. Rest assured that when you stay here at the Sedona Summit we are striving for great vacation memories.

We look forward to your return stay with us and thank you for your business. We are your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I want to start with our resort and vacation experience first because it was ok. Everything was clean and working although the decorations were dated. Sedona itself was beautiful, really breath taking. I advise going on the hikes and the jeep trails. We were going to do the pink jeep tour but after thinking about it, I wanted to drive the jeep myself and go on our own adventure so we booked the Barlow jeep for half a day. I would do a full day next time because it was so fun.

The worst part of Sedona Summit was the sales presentation that seemed unavoidable once we checked in. We got $80dollars off our jeep rental but it wasn't worth our terrible presentation experience.

I don't want to go into too much detail but basically we showed up early at 12:15p, but they weren't ready for us so we waited 30 minutes and started at about 1:15p. We had a tennis lesson later in the day at 3pm and we told them from the beginning we wanted to make it since they already wasted 30minutes of our time. We told the presenter we needed to be out at 3pm but it seemed like no one cared. At 2:45pm we emphasized we had to go and was not interested then another presenter (manager) came to try to sell us and again we told him we had to leave. Already late for our appointment we were done at 3:10p and was sent to another person who supposedly signs our presentation completion paper but then he started to try and push another product. Ugh...We told him we need to leave and at 3:15p we finally left and got our gift. Never again will I stay here or go to another timeshare presentation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank jasonp208
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay here at the Sedona Summit.

It looks like the review was centered on your sales presentation that you selected to go on. I will be sure to forward this review off to our sales team. Typically our guests who arrive select to go on this presentation because of their choice to do so and to see all the benefits with Diamond Resorts. It really is a great opportunity to hear about Diamond Resorts. However, I can see if you have a pressing appointment and your time is pushing into another event that you would have a concern. Rest assured that all guests have a choice.

Our last designed phase was our Sunset section about four years ago. I am not too sure of which designed you are referring to as being dated. All of our units have been renovated and have a contemporary design. The design was studied and reviewed to give us the best look inside of our units. Sorry to hear you thought it was dated. Our owners and guests continue to compliment our design and like it.

I appreciate your time on sharing your experience with all of us and wish you the best on all your vacation travels. Thank you for your stay with us at the Sedona Summit.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

"Breathtaking," is an appropriate adjective here. When my wife and I consider vacations, the Summit in Sedona is always on our list. We just booked our third stay over 38 months. I work for the airlines and can go most anywhere for next to nothing, but know that we'll never tire of SS. Amazing view. Indoor jacuzzi. Comfortable beds. Flat screen TV (for when we get tired of looking at the horizon). Well apportioned kitchen. Outdoor hot tubs to enjoy a billion stars, heated outdoor pools. Sedona is of one of God's masterpieces. The staff is helpful and attentive. The concierge desk ready to willingly assist, even on the attractions that cost nothing (hiking-must be 500 trails).

On our second trip we invited my parents (79 and 74 years old at the time) and adult children (29, 21, and 19 then). Thier reviews, on arrival:
Mom and Dad: "Thank you so much for inviting us. The nicest place we've ever stayed"
Son, 29: "This place ROCKS "
Daugher, 21 "Thank you for bringing me (as she ran over to give me a hug)
this is AMAZING."
Son, 19 "Awesome. Am I old enough for a beer? (he doesn't say much, but he
had a big grin on his face )

I could write for hours on Sedona. Must go to the airport mesa at sunset. Hike the amazing trails. Stare at the stars. There's a huge canyon (pretty "grand') a bit north. Take the scenic highway 89A north from town, not the interstate, for an incredible drive. Oak Creek brewery has a smaller facility (not the big one at Tlaquepaque ) behind one of the groceries with life improv music at times. Musicians dropping in and out, the music never stops. In winter, they will burn twisted juniper outdoors. I wish I could bottle the smell.

We've gone in Feb. and Aug. This trip will be in April. I can't wait. Book with confidence.

Room Tip: Many room plans, from studio to 3 bedroom. Ask for the newer units, on the other side of the road from the reception office.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg G
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

This is a great review and we really appreciate you sharing it with all of us. We are grateful for your 3rd booking.

We completely love the quotes from your family and feel privileged to have them all stay with us. Sedona is a beautiful place and this is where many come to enjoy Sedona to its fullest. There is so much to do out here for everybody. Rest assured as you take in all of Sedona that you can rely on the Sedona Summit to exceed your expectations and deliver great hospitality.

Glad to hear you stayed in the Mesa section and it sounds like you reserved a Mesa. I would always recommend you book the unit you want to stay in it because we fill up.

We are fortunate for your continued business with the Sedona Summit and we look forward to your continued business. Please consider us your home away from home. We will not let you down.

Our goal is to not let anyone down.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Overall a pretty good place to stay. Kitchen was well-equipped with better-than-average appliances and equipment. The living room couch as not particularly attractive or comfortable and the "fireplace" was an electric unit which provided no heat but rather an illusion of heat. It might be worth noting that our one-bedroom unit was equipped with a queen-sized bed rather than the more common king.

Check-in was prompt and without drama even though we were slightly early. A request, submitted prior to arrival, for a view unit was not honored although it seemed like the staff did make an effort to find one.

We were happy with the location and the unit itself and would consider exchanging here again. We avoided the concierges at every opportunity and did not participate in any of the resort's activities except for a Sunday breakfast (more trouble than it was worth and so spicy that many people were not able to eat it).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBTucson
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Sedona Summit with all of us.

It looks like you had a one bedroom sunset unit. You are correct about the one bedroom sunsets having a queen size bed in the master bedroom. That is the design for this specific room type. You are correct about our fireplaces being electrical in the Sunset section. This is the same for the Mesa location as well.

All should know that at the Sedona Summit the only rooms with queen size beds are Studios and One bedroom Sunsets. Everything else will have a king size bed in every room.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get a room with a view despite your requests. All who stay with us request them and we really wish we could accommodate everyone’s request. I get many comments that state that they made their requests four months in advance and they don’t understand why they didn’t get their view. I share with them that the word is out on the Sedona Summit and people are making their reservations earlier than usual and requesting earlier to book a view. Although requests are not guaranteed you have my word that my team looks long and hard to fulfill requests. We won’t give up. We want to make you HAPPY!

I will get with the breakfast team and mention the level of spiciness in the food. We will correct.

Thank you very much for possibly considering us for a future exchange. We thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.