“Sedona Summit Resort Review”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just returned from our stay at the Sedona Summit Resort. The staff and everyone we came into contact with at the resort went above and beyond exceptional service. Anything and everything we asked for or about was provided almost immediately. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Sunset Suite with 3 flat screen TV's, a fireplace and huge balcony overlooking the red rocks. We were in building 40 on the 2nd floor in the back. The kitchens and bathrooms were updated with granite countertops, jacuzzi tubs (loved it) and huge showers, and copper hammered under-mounted sinks. Beds were very comfortable. Washer and dryer came in very handy and resort provided extra Tide for our use when we asked for more.

Did not use the pools or hot tubs, weather a little cool for that, but did sit outside one afternoon and enjoyed the sun by the pool. Gas grills were also available, but did not use them.

On the down side, the carpets needed replacing and the cushions on the bar stools were stained. Furniture in living and dining area was too heavy and dark for my taste but adequate.

Overall, this resort met all of our wants and needs. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Back side of resort, second floor to have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank DianneK47
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us.

Reading your review it looks like you were in building 40, on the second floor. You did the right thing and reserved a 2 bedroom Sunset unit. I am happy to read that you enjoyed it and was pleased with the forest view. Thank you for the highlights of the room.

The issues on the carpet and barstools are being addressed this year with replacement furniture and carpet program. We are waiting for the furniture to arrive before pulling out the existing ones.

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your continued business with us. Please consider us your home away from home.

There are newer reviews for Sedona Summit Resort

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Last month, I had the pleasure of staying at the Sedona Summit with 4 of my best friends while celebrating my milestone birthday. Upon arrival, one word came to all of our minds: Fabulous! As a Diamond Resort owner, who is currently residing in the U.K., I have had the opportunity to experience properties everywhere from Maui, Hawaii to Mougins, France . . . . and I must say, this property rivals those with great ease. Not only was the location desirable, the view impressive and the 3-bedroom Sunset suite beautiful, but, the staff -- namely Concierge-extraordinaire, Molly Cherry -- went above and beyond to ensure that our stay and celebration were most memorable. I would recommend this property without hesitation and look forward to staying again . . . and again! Well Done and Cheers!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kandace B

“Stellar Stay”, that is what we like to hear. We will continue to work our hardest to get all who stay at the Sedona Summit to say this as they depart our resort.

We are happy to read that you found our staff helpful and exceeding your expectations. Be assured that all who stay with us will receive world class service and enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you for the “Well Done” and we will continue to strive to be the best in all of Sedona.

We are grateful for your business with Diamond Resorts International and look forward to your continued business.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife & I stayed in a 1 bedroom, very roomy and nicely appointed with granite counter tops, large bathroom with garden tub & shower, tray ceiling, visual fireplace, large flat screen TV, nice patio and very nice pool complex. Our second trip to Sedona in three years and we are reserving another condo for 2012, yes at Sedona Summit. This time a 2 bedroom unit so we can bring our grandson for a graduation present to the Grand Canyon & other sites. We were pleasantly surprised that the staff didn't constantly disturb us with a sales pitch and were very professional. We are falling in love with northern Arizona. The only real negative was, at the time, WiFi wasn't free, as many resorts do offer this feature free but some restaurants in the area offer free WiFi which is what we did only at lunch time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thistlehill

We are happy to read that you are falling in love with Northern Arizona. Mostly we are pleased that you are coming back for a second stay here at the Sedona Summit where you can enjoy Northern Arizona to the fullest.

We consider ourselves very lucky to have you celebrate your special family activity at our resort. Booking a 2 bedroom, I may suggest a 2 bedroom Sunset or a 2 bedroom lock off Mesa.
Thank you very much for your great review and highlighting your stay with us. Rest assured that when you stay here at the Sedona Summit we are striving for great vacation memories.

We look forward to your return stay with us and thank you for your business. We are your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I want to start with our resort and vacation experience first because it was ok. Everything was clean and working although the decorations were dated. Sedona itself was beautiful, really breath taking. I advise going on the hikes and the jeep trails. We were going to do the pink jeep tour but after thinking about it, I wanted to drive the jeep myself and go on our own adventure so we booked the Barlow jeep for half a day. I would do a full day next time because it was so fun.

The worst part of Sedona Summit was the sales presentation that seemed unavoidable once we checked in. We got $80dollars off our jeep rental but it wasn't worth our terrible presentation experience.

I don't want to go into too much detail but basically we showed up early at 12:15p, but they weren't ready for us so we waited 30 minutes and started at about 1:15p. We had a tennis lesson later in the day at 3pm and we told them from the beginning we wanted to make it since they already wasted 30minutes of our time. We told the presenter we needed to be out at 3pm but it seemed like no one cared. At 2:45pm we emphasized we had to go and was not interested then another presenter (manager) came to try to sell us and again we told him we had to leave. Already late for our appointment we were done at 3:10p and was sent to another person who supposedly signs our presentation completion paper but then he started to try and push another product. Ugh...We told him we need to leave and at 3:15p we finally left and got our gift. Never again will I stay here or go to another timeshare presentation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank jasonp208
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay here at the Sedona Summit.

It looks like the review was centered on your sales presentation that you selected to go on. I will be sure to forward this review off to our sales team. Typically our guests who arrive select to go on this presentation because of their choice to do so and to see all the benefits with Diamond Resorts. It really is a great opportunity to hear about Diamond Resorts. However, I can see if you have a pressing appointment and your time is pushing into another event that you would have a concern. Rest assured that all guests have a choice.

Our last designed phase was our Sunset section about four years ago. I am not too sure of which designed you are referring to as being dated. All of our units have been renovated and have a contemporary design. The design was studied and reviewed to give us the best look inside of our units. Sorry to hear you thought it was dated. Our owners and guests continue to compliment our design and like it.

I appreciate your time on sharing your experience with all of us and wish you the best on all your vacation travels. Thank you for your stay with us at the Sedona Summit.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

"Breathtaking," is an appropriate adjective here. When my wife and I consider vacations, the Summit in Sedona is always on our list. We just booked our third stay over 38 months. I work for the airlines and can go most anywhere for next to nothing, but know that we'll never tire of SS. Amazing view. Indoor jacuzzi. Comfortable beds. Flat screen TV (for when we get tired of looking at the horizon). Well apportioned kitchen. Outdoor hot tubs to enjoy a billion stars, heated outdoor pools. Sedona is of one of God's masterpieces. The staff is helpful and attentive. The concierge desk ready to willingly assist, even on the attractions that cost nothing (hiking-must be 500 trails).

On our second trip we invited my parents (79 and 74 years old at the time) and adult children (29, 21, and 19 then). Thier reviews, on arrival:
Mom and Dad: "Thank you so much for inviting us. The nicest place we've ever stayed"
Son, 29: "This place ROCKS "
Daugher, 21 "Thank you for bringing me (as she ran over to give me a hug)
this is AMAZING."
Son, 19 "Awesome. Am I old enough for a beer? (he doesn't say much, but he
had a big grin on his face )

I could write for hours on Sedona. Must go to the airport mesa at sunset. Hike the amazing trails. Stare at the stars. There's a huge canyon (pretty "grand') a bit north. Take the scenic highway 89A north from town, not the interstate, for an incredible drive. Oak Creek brewery has a smaller facility (not the big one at Tlaquepaque ) behind one of the groceries with life improv music at times. Musicians dropping in and out, the music never stops. In winter, they will burn twisted juniper outdoors. I wish I could bottle the smell.

We've gone in Feb. and Aug. This trip will be in April. I can't wait. Book with confidence.

Room Tip: Many room plans, from studio to 3 bedroom. Ask for the newer units, on the other side of the road f...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg G
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

This is a great review and we really appreciate you sharing it with all of us. We are grateful for your 3rd booking.

We completely love the quotes from your family and feel privileged to have them all stay with us. Sedona is a beautiful place and this is where many come to enjoy Sedona to its fullest. There is so much to do out here for everybody. Rest assured as you take in all of Sedona that you can rely on the Sedona Summit to exceed your expectations and deliver great hospitality.

Glad to hear you stayed in the Mesa section and it sounds like you reserved a Mesa. I would always recommend you book the unit you want to stay in it because we fill up.

We are fortunate for your continued business with the Sedona Summit and we look forward to your continued business. Please consider us your home away from home. We will not let you down.

Our goal is to not let anyone down.