“Quiet restaurant...awesome food”
Review of The Heartline Cafe

The Heartline Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Heartline Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 204 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Shadow & Posse Ground
Description: *Late Evening Diners Please note we are open till (Close). Please call us for reservations for dining after 9:00 P.M. Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Driving up and down looking for a "different" place fir dinner we saw this restaurant tucked away and decided to try it. Upon entering the estaurant was divided into inside seating and outside patio type seating. Esther greeted us and asked if we had reservations and we did not. She said she had room and seated us inside with no question if we would like in or out. Reservations were clearly not needed as only 5 tables were occupied at most during the 2 hours we were there. However, I must say the meal of pear and squash soup, garden salad, and squash filled ravioli with grilled chicken was the best meal I have had in a long time! The chocolate puree dessert is a little misleading in that it was brick hard chocolate with raspberries and blueberries on a plate that you had to eat with your fingers like a candy bar. It was delicious, though! The only reason this restaurant did not receive 5 stars was that the ladies room toilet was completely plugged and had overflowed into the area outside the restrooms. No way to use even men's room without walking through it. If we ever find our way back to Sedona we will visit again for the wonderful food!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

After spending days in Bryce and Zion with minimal dining choices, the wife and I were excited to explore Sedona's restaurant scene. We couldn't have asked for more from the Heartline cafe. The outdoor courtyard is gorgeous and a welcomed dining setting contrasted with our restaurants back home in NYC. A great wine list and cocktail menu started the night off right. Next was one of the best butternut squash soups we have ever had and seared scallops that I could eat everyday.

For dinner the misses had the salmon and I had the lamb. I wish they could ship the lamb to me it was so good!! Then there was dessert... poached pear, in pastry dough, with homemade cinnamon ice cream. This dessert should be illegal it was so good.

Finally, our waitress. She was a former Grand Canyon tour guide and once she found out that was our next destination, she sat with us for 30 minutes after closing to give her own personal itinerary. Where else do you get service like that?

We will be back and have already recommended the Heartline to friends visiting in the coming months.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to the Heartline Cafe for dinner on the second last night of our weeklong stay in Sedona. We have been coming here every other year for 18 years, staying right around the corner, and are now kicking ourselves for not having dined here before tonight. It was a superb meal. The service was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. At one point our waitress was almost running to the kitchen to serve us promptly - not that we were pushing her! My wife had butternut squash and pear soup, and she said it was excellent, very nicely spiced. I had pumpkin soup, and it too was superb - creamy and full flavoured. My wife had a spinach salad with fresh figs, with chicken added. The chicken had a pistachio crust and was, she reported, beautifully flavoured. It was topped with a warm dressing. I had local trout encrusted with pecans and panko and lightly seared, served with wild and white rice mixture and sauteed vegetables. It was wonderful. My wife said that it was the best meal she could remember in a long time. I agree. All the staff were friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return, probably more than once, when we come back to Sedona two years from now!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We just completed a dinner at Heartline. The meal was saved by complimentary Port and Poached Pears. Thank you. Other than that, I cannot recommend the food . We received our entrees after ~55minuite wait and the place was not crowded. My meal was served Luke warm, utterly tasteless wild rice and veggies with pecan crusted trout. The trout was OK . I could count the pecans on 1 hand. My husband could not eat his ribeye. It was so thin and tasteless and tough. The steak was bare 1/3 inch thick. The cost was $32.00. I was shocked that they would serve a meal that looked like that. We were so sorry. We have been there before and really enjoyed the food. We will not go back.

1  Thank barbara4040206
HeartlineCafe, Manager at The Heartline Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

in the 27 years we have been in business i am never surprised how a disgruntled guest can review his experience using his own facts. your review is a complete fabrication. i was observing the entire incident a few tables away with my guest.
your husband, the dedicated driver ordered his filet rare. he was one of six at the table. the dinner was served within 30 minutes of the order. the filet arrived which is 10 oz. before cooked and he complained it was not rare enough. we fired up a new filet while the rest of the party was eating their meals and before the dish arrived he left the building. the owner followed him out and later told me he decided to sit in his car. the owner returned to the table and was told by a woman that they wanted compensation for the man's meal. the owner said his meal would not be charged even though it was taken home and an additional 20% discount was extended on top of complimentary dessert. unbelievably, the same woman exclaimed that wasn't good enough. she wanted 50% off. we declined. she also complained that there wasn't enough pecans on the trout. the owner replied that all she needed to do was ask for more.
this version is the real factual account of the matter. clearly, much different than the bs that was posted. it's people like you that make the review process a joke. we agree with you on one point. DONT COME BACK.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We're always impressed with Heartline Café. We often drive around town looking for other options and when frustrated with waits or closing, end up back here and wonder why we looked anywhere else. The wines are good, the atmosphere is warm and inviting and the food is always excellent. Restaurants always try to accommodate our allergies, which are unusual, but few, like Heartline take on the challenge with gusto. the Cesar Salad with Scallops was as good as anywhere in the world, and I have been just about everywhere. Amazing for a small town like Sedona. Put this one on the list of first choices.