“beautiful place good service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adobe Village Inn
Ranked #18 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ogema, Saskatchewan, Canada
“beautiful place good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We always try to stay at B+Bs when we vacation . We like the quiet friendly atmosphere. and this was no exception. We were in the Sundance room, a large beautiful quiet room, for 4 nights. Ron and Cheryl were great helping us with advice on what to see and do. On our last day we had to leave early so Cheryl prepared us a big breakfast bag to take with us and had it in our fridge.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Elora, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I made my reservation at the Inn's web site. Upon receiving my confirmation, I noticed that the confirmation had a blank spot where it should have noted my room name. I wrote to them about this to confirm my room but I never heard back at all. I had been booking some activities for my boyfriend and I to do while we were there and I decided to book a wine tasting and kayaking trip for Saturday. Since lunch was not provided by the tour, I called the Adobe Graham Village Inn to ask if they could (for additional fee) make us some sandwiches to take with us. One of the innkeepers, Ron, told me that they were not really set up to make lunches and that I could just go to the local grocery store (IGA, down the street) to get some stuff to eat. I was a bit disappointed because their web site talks about taking care of customers, etc. At this same time, I told him that my confirmation email had omitted my room name and he very "matter of factly", and almost rudely, replied, "well, you're in Sundance". I said great and got off the phone. Well, since all the arrangements for this trip were to be a surprise for my boyfriend and it was past the cancellation period, I couldn't really cancel and try to rebook elsewhere but I was concerned a little about whether it was going to be a good experience. Somewhere along the way, I received a note about communicating any special dietary requirements that we had. So I wrote and, in my usual style, provided a lot of info. Although neither one of us has any special dietary requirements, we do try to eat well. I noted to them that we eat a very simple breakfast with yogurt and granola and are happy with basic eggs and bacon. I added specifically that we do not eat much bread and especially do not eat sweet breads or danish and pastry. Our arrival was going to be very late so I called the Inn a couple days before our arrival just to confirm the entry procedure for late at night. All was exactly as documented upon our arrival. We read the little book that they provide and found out that the hot tub was off-limits except for between 6pm and 10pm in the evening and if you wanted to use it, you had to "schedule it" so that they could turn it on ahead of time so it would be hot. I don't know about you, but, when the web site says that they have a hot tub, I expect it to be usable anytime of the day. I should have loved to get in the hot tub in the morning to watch the sunrise or just enjoy a nice dip in the pool, too, followed by a warm up in the hot tub. The pool was dirty and not inviting in any way. I might have expected that they would have lanterns or torches burning out there. Many places of this supposed caliber that we've stayed have wine and cheese available at night. The first morning, they had a set breakfast menu with a fruit cup, a caramel scone, and egg fritata wtih sausage. The innkeeper couple doesn't talk at all. The woman says NOTHING. It was tough to get a "good morning" out of them. Both my boyfriend and I work in people-facing jobs and we are very easy to talk to and we found it to be very awkward to talk to them. So, when I saw the menu, I didn't want them to waste the scones so, I said that we didn't need the scones...Ron tried to tell us that we should take them and eat them later for a snack and when we declined, he got kind of "put off" and his attitude changed. The half a piece of sausage was very strange and had some kind of (almost slimy) cheese inside it. I didn't like it and neither did my boyfriend. The fritata was not like any other I have had and contained a lot of potatoes and wasn't hot. We were offered juice.....and my boyfriend asked for orange and I had cranberry. The juice was served in a huge glass that was 1/3 full...very strange. They had yogurt available but it was NON-FAT and was laced with aspertame, the cancer-causing agent better known as Nutri-sweet. I don't eat anything NON-FAT, especially not if its sweetened with an artificial sweetener. We went about our day, had a fabulous day and came back in time to watch a movie in our room. We brought our own, but he Inn has a very extensive library of movies from which guests can choose. The next morning, we attempted breakfast again. The menu was some chopped apples with cranberry sauce, followed by a mocha muffin, followed by "corn waffles with poached eggs with chipotle sauce and maple bacon. I don't eat poached eggs but I thought I could try the waffles and maybe my boyfriend would eat my eggs. Ron remembered that we were the "no bread" people (which is not what I had said) so he didn't bother bringing the mocha muffins out. Turns out that it was really Poached eggs served on top of corn waffles, smothered with gigantic amounts of some type of pink chipotle spiced sauce. Needless to say, I managed to eat the exposed corners of the waffle along the edge for my daily dose of carbohydrates and sugar and I ate the small cup of chopped apples smothered in sugary cranberry sauce...but that's all I had that day. After this, my boyfriend and I went to the grocery and bought me some real yogurt and some frozen berries that I kept in the refrigerator so I could have something to eat the next morning. My boyfriend did eat the eggs but the sauce was too much and too overwhelming and he didn't like the waffles...just empty calories. Again, we had a wonderful day riding the Verde Canyon Railway and staying away from the Adobe Graham Village Inn. We had intended to ask them to turn on the hot tub for our use but you can never find anyone to ask them so we never did get to ask and we never did get to go in the hot tub even once during our 3-night stay. The door to the Inn is locked all the time, even thought they say that its only locked after 6pm. So, don't leave without your key. You'll have to ring the doorbell and wait for someone to answer the door who will not speak even one word to you. I think the help is afraid to talk...as the Innkeepers don't talk at all. We decided not to even try to eat breakfast on day 3. No point. We saw later that the menu had been a Spanish Omelette but we didn't even see what it was like as we did not attend breakfast on Day 3. My boyfriend went down at 9:30am to get a cup of coffee from the self-serve coffee area but they had already put all the coffee away by 9:30am on a Monday morning. They say that breakfast is available until 10am. I guess not. We just ate our yogurt in our room. By the way, they serve breakfast and then they disappear and you never see them again. We were gone for daytime but we were back by 7-8pm every night and never saw a single soul. On the bright side, our room was very nice and warm and we enjoyed our jacuzzi tub and our walk-in shower. The bed was way too soft for both of us and I ended up with a very sore back from which I am still recovering. There is an incredible view and the room was well appointed with sound system for iPod, TV and DVD player. They start making breakfast at about 6am and you can hear that and smell that from the rooms inside the Inn (vs. the villas). You probably won't be able to sleep in. It didn't bother us as we were on east coast time and were up at 5am every day anyway.....but it might bother you. Upon checkout, we could not even find a human (I called for someone and went to the Innkeepers room where someone was vacuuming and could not hear me calling) so I just left the keys on a table in the dining area and we left. We absolutely loved the area and we will go back to Sedona...but we will not be going back to the Adobe Village Graham Inn.

Room Tip: WE had Sundance and we liked it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ronniekayd
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

The rooms and grounds are absolutely gorgeous! In fact, my gentleman friend and I had intentions of making Adobe Graham Inn our annual vacation spot, until we had a rather rude and unprofessional encounter with Ron, the owner!

When we first arrived Ron greeted us. He was pleasant and showed us to our wonderful room, The Sundance Room! It was fabulous! Homemade cookies were placed on the bed, the fireplace was on and some romantic jazz music was playing on the CD player. My gentleman friend and I were quite pleased with the accomadations.

The next morning we woke up to the smell of a lovely homemade breakfast. The innkeeper served us in the dining area and she was an absolute doll. After breakfast we went hiking and came back to relax in wonderful room. However, something had happened to a breaker which affected three rooms in the inn, one of which was ours. The innkeeper did her best to fix it, but she was unable to get the electricity back. Ron, the owner, was out of town. The innkeeper offered us another room and we chose one of the villas. (We were the only people staying at the inn at this point and they only had two more reservations coming in the next day. ) As result, we ended up staying one night in the wonderful Sunset Villa. It was upgrade, but it wasn't our fault the electricity went out in room!

The next day, I assuming Ron was not happy with the innkeeper upgrading us to a villa. Guests who stay in the villa are supposed to have bread made in their room. I could get past that, but it would have been nice. However, I called and asked to have breakfast delivered to the villa. Ron was very nasty and down right rude when I made the request. He and his wife deliverd the breakfast and a terrible attitude. I tried to tell them how much I loved their place and how my gentleman friend and I planned on making this our annual vacation. Ron and Cheryl said nothing, barely made eye contact and acted as though they were appalled we had been upgraded! I guess they wanted us to stay in a room without electricity! My point is this, even if Ron was upset with the innkeeper for giving us an upgrade, he should have NEVER shown that displeasure with his guests! I belong to an exclusive country club back in Scottsdale and my golfing buddies love to take weeknd trips to Sedona. I was going to highly recommend this place to all of them, plus to my many, many friends and former colleagues in the broadcast television industry. (I only mention this because after working as a sports producer for 16 years, I know A LOT of people and I have a ton of connections!) However, after Ron's terrible attitude and lack of customer service, you can bet I WON'T be recommending Adobe Graham Inn!!! It's a shame because I really did love the rooms and the innkeeper!

Sylvia McDonald

Room Tip: The Sundance Room, The Sedona Suite and any of the Villas are wonderful.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Sylvia M
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at Adobe throughout our wedding and honeymoon last week and couldn't be more impressed! The whole establishment was GORGEOUS with incredible views. Our room was beautiful, with a waterfall shower, a bath with jets and 2 fire places. When the cleaning lady straightened the room up, she started the bread maker, so we would come home in the evening to fresh homemade bread and jam!

All of this would have made our stay amazing... but the highlight of Adobe is really the owners, Ron and Cheryl. Ron greeted us at the entrance and gave us a tour of the place. Cheryl makes a DELICIOUS gourmet breakfast every morning that was personally served by Ron. It really felt like we were visiting friends more than just staying at a hotel. I literally had them saved to my phone because Cheryl was so helpful with suggestions and directions throughout Sedona. (She actually suggested the location we held our wedding and reception, and it was absolutely perfect. There's no way we could have found anything better on our own).

We plan on coming back to Sedona regularly, and we will always stay at Adobe Village Graham Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Villa. A friend stayed in the Tumbleweed. The Tumbweed is a little more co...
1 Thank Peniel M
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

The Sedona/Oak Creek Village area is breath-takingly beautiful. I did a great deal of research on TA to find a place for our 3 night stay. The AVGI more than met our expectations. I especially liked the fact it was out of the traffic of Sedona, yet easily accessible by car to all areas.
We stayed in the Tumbleweed Room. It is billed as the smallest room, but it is huge on comfort! It has a large bathroom with jetted tub, a window seat, two chairs, and one of the most comfortable king side beds I have ever slept in! The bed linens were outstanding, and the bathroom was well stocked with towels and amenities. We did enjoy the nightly turn down, complete with cookies and soft jazz. Some have remarked on kitchen noise, but Ron and Cheryl work hard to minimize that issue. We did not feel it was a problem.
The 3course breakfasts are absolutely fabulous. Cheryl follows a Southwest theme. In the 3 breakfasts we had, we were treated to delicious muffins, fruit dishes, omelets, a breakfast quesadilla and poached eggs. The portions are generous and filling without being excessively large.
Finally, the AVGI is maintained immaculately by innkeepers Ron and Cheryl. We found them both friendly and extremely helpful in answering our questions about hikes, restaurants and the area in general. If you want a quality experience, the AVGI is a top choice.

Room Tip: The online descriptions are true, and the pictures really don't do the inn justice. Look at wha...