“Wonderful Stay Nov. 8, 2017”

Gateway Studio Suites
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I found this hotel on line and saw that the reviews were positive and the reviews mentioned items that are a concern to me. After staying there I understand why the reviews are so positive. I booked this hotel through a Travelocity at a good rate and through a simple booking process.

Upon arriving at the hotel I was met by a friendly, courteous guest attendant (Andrea I believe was her name). Check in was quick and seamless. The king room was clean, large, nicely set up with a small kitchen area and a seating area and there were 2 bottles of water on the table awaiting us. It was on the 3rd floor and it was quiet. We took advantage of the free happy hour which has beer, wine, snacks and soda. There is a drink limit which is understandable. It was very enjoyable after a hectic day. In the morning we had the breakfast which is included, it provided a nice assortment of items and we left the hotel feel very satisfied and ready for our day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
J-Ebare, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review, we appreciate all of your feedback! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I pretty much stay on the road and any military hotels (navy lodging, air force inn, etc) are always clean anywhere you go. IHG for the most part is horrible stateside, but fantastic overseas. As a platinum member there we many times I hated IHG for not making sure their line of hotels meet the standards (most recent stay in La Mesa, Ca Holiday Inn was horrible) but than I again find a hot that is awesome and that’s the Candlewood here on base. I truly think the military is forcing a corporate to meet the standards (as mentioned any US military hotel anywhere in the world is always clean) and for that I thank the DoD. Anyhow, this hotel is truly a fantastic place to stay. I don’t care about extra bells and whistles a hotel might have (this one does) as long as its clean and this hotel is fantastic!

Stayed: November 2017
J-Ebare, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The room was well-equipped with all the usual amenities plus a kitchenette. Everything was beyond clean - it was fresh, crisp and looked new. Staff was always present, professional and friendly. The complimentary drinks really made us feel welcome.
For lack of any real issues, I suppose the carpet in the lobby is a bit worn. Really, everything was so good that it is difficult to think of anything to criticize. Next time we are in the area we'll just make a reservation here without bothering to shop around!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
J-Ebare, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Michael M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review, we arppreciate all of your feedback! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we are already looking forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day! J-Ebare

Reviewed 23 May 2017

2 months away from family, making new home in Sierra Vista, working like crazy, and the Gateway Studio Suites was just what was needed to make the time bearable. Cozy, clean, and comfortable rooms, outstanding staff, and great amenities make the Gateway Studio Suites an absolutely great choice for extended stays in Sierra Vista, AZ. I cannot find enough words to describe how excellent the hotel and its staff are. Laura and Ralph are some of my newest friends in my new town. Stay here at all costs!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally great.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jody R
J-Ebare, General Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Jody R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We appreciate you staying with us and we are very greatful for your feedback about your stay. We are very happy to hear that you have made new firends and a new home here in Sierra Vista. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Laura and Ralph. It was a pleasure having you and we wish you and your family all the best. Have a wonderful day! J-Ebare

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay here. The staff was warm and welcoming and genuinely cared about our experience.

Ralph especially took great care of us. He engaged with our kids and made them feel very special. When my son got sick during our stay, the staff gave us Sprite and followed up to make sure he was ok.

The amenities are nice, with a lovely breakfast every day and snacks and drinks in the evenings (2 free alcoholic beverages per room!), but it's really the staff who make this place special.

I highly recommend and I won't ever stay anywhere else in Sierra Vista.

Gateway Studio Suites was an unexpected gem.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AmyC426
getawaysweet, Front Office Manager at Gateway Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review about your stay with us! I am so glad that your son felt better soon and that we could help in his recovery process! It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us, we hope to see you back soon!