“A Study in Delicious”

El Cupidos Express
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Snowflake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 February 2018

When you are willing to drive an extra 25 minutes just to eat at a restaurant, then you KNOW it is worth it. This little unadorned Mexican food place in Snowflake AZ looks like a gas station on the outside. No fancy tablecloths for this group...oh, no! But, the flavor of their food, their salsa bar, and the laid back atmosphere does nothing to take away from their carne asada tacos, seasoned rice and beans, plus their specials that cry for you to take out your wallet. Don't let the outside keep you from going inside. You will be hooked!!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I've been in here at least 25 times. The people that dis this place don't realize what it is. It's not a 5 star restaurant. Most people are taking their food home or to their work place. People should not expect great atmosphere. This is where the working class people go for lunch. Also, my grand kids love it! The prices are reasonable, so I can afford to take the kids and my wife there more than once a week. The Mexican food is really, really good. I have tried at least half their menu, and not once have I been disappointed. The people that work there are nice. They are working very hard, because they are very biusy, so they don't have time to kiss your ----. If you want somebody to hand feed you, forget it. Nobody there has ever been rude or "snotty" to me. ALL the food I've had has been fresh and traditionally made!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

El Cupidos was the best Mexican food in Snowflake for a long time. No more. Rude snotty service, burnt old beans, lack of attention to customers wishes, tacos with uncooked corn tortillas. We use to stop at this place every time we passed through Snowflake. From now on, we eat fast food, sorry to say.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time. I was impressed by the food, service was ok, atmosphere a disaster.

Start off with the disaster- the bathrooms had flooded and both were out of commission. The place wreaked of cleaner- highly scented, but hey, they were taking care of the problem and cleaning the mess.

Ok service, well the woman who took our order was not helpful in telling customers, us and another couple, what things were, even when I said we were first time customers. The description of the food she gave me didn’t help me understand what it was. A couple locals helped us decide and I was happy with my choice.

Food was very tasty and flavorful! I would recommend the big Jake burrito which combines rice, beans, crema, beef, and combined with the salsas it was divine. Ooey, gooey, goodness!!
The red mild salsa was good, middle of the road, and the green spicy salsa was very flavorful, probably one of the best I’ve had.

We ll go back and try more goodness!!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Love this place!!! found it by word of mouth of a friend. they are friendly, food is priced wonderful and it is very good. never had a bad meal, lunch specials were great! Can't say enough about this place would recommend it to any one lunch is why I went they are busy busy but not so busy you can't order and still have time to eat.