“Nice meal”

El Rancho
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Snowflake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Overall, I enjoyed my meal here. The food was good, although not exceptional, but the portion was large and fairly priced. Really, what impressed me was the service. Even though I came in close to closing time, everyone was really nice and friendly. They also serve beer, which is always nice to find. Next time that I'm in the area, I'm likely to stop in again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Cold don't take your coat off. Food (Mexican and American) not so great. Service not real good, either. We went there a lot a few years back, Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We ate breakfast there a couple of time and also went there for lunch.
EXCELLENT Mexican food. I can't say enough about how good the food is in this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We were passing through Show Low on our way to go camping. It was one of the most prominent Mexican food restaurants we saw on Main. For a Friday evening the place was fairly dead. We were sat quickly by a hostess who offered a drink while we waited for our server. We asked what beers they had and the hostess answered, we have a full bar but nothing on draft. Again, we asked what beer they had and confused she tried to name a few but was completely unsure of the right answer. We went ahead and ordered one of the three she listed. Our server Valaree was great; she was friendly, smiled the whole time she helped us and made us feel comfortable. The food came out quick. I ordered a taco salad and my husband ordered their combination plate. Both orders were large and definitely worth the money as far as amount of food goes. It wasn't out of this world as far as flavor goes but was good. The one thing we found interesting was their house salsa had a marinara base but it was actually a little spicy which was a nice surprise. Overall, nice place, easy to find, Valaree was awesome (the rest of the staff seemed uninterested in their guests and almost annoyed they had to help someone), the price was great for the amount of food we received. We'd stop in again since there aren't many options nearby.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Seven in our party at lunch. We were served very quickly and accurately with separate checks for all. Meals were served on hot plates and quite stove hot which is especially great when Mexican food is ordered. Portions were definitely large. Everything was very tasty. Restaurant was moderately busy and we were in, well fed, and on our way in about an hour total. Thank the good chef who provided delicious meals of wide ranging selections to the table at nearly the same time.