“GREAT good, AWESOME service”
Review of The Skillet

The Skillet
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Snowflake
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I found out about this place by word of mouth and I sure am glad I heard about it. It is on the local golf course. It has plenty of parking and good views.

When I got seated the first thing i noticed was that the waitresses seemed to know everyone. It was like one big family. Everyone was happy and the food looked great so i couldnt wait to order.

Once I ordered my skillet i picked up my phone as I usually do to waste some time until the food comes out. I am not sure how long it took but it couldn't have been more than 5 minutes. It was probably the fastest i have ever received any food.

Not only did the food come out quickly, it was really tasty. This was one awesome breakfast. The food was good, the service was great and the prices were very reasonable.

If you are in the area (or even within 30 minutes) and want an awesome breakfast, you cannot go wrong stopping in here.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

A very good variety of Americano favorites. Price is right too. I especially love their soups. It's great for a filling dinner. Breakfast time anytime. This place has the friendliest servers as well. So it's a must stop if you are driving through, visiting, live here and haven't tried it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We live locally and so each here fairly regularly. Although they do dinner some evenings we've never come for dinner.

Breakfast and Lunch are the main reasons we go there and they are always very good, standard American fare. You'll find nothing exotic or adventurous on the menu here but, what they do have they make satisfyingly well. No one goes away hungry and.no one complains.

Plenty of local return business in this small town area to keep them busy on a daily basis. So glad their available! !

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Friday 12/30/2016
We did our Bashas run today and decided to try The Skillet Cafe Snowflake. It is locate in the Snowflake golf course west of town,
Usually golf course food is above average but not so today.
When we arrived the parking lot was full so we expected more than the restaurant was prepared to give or our expectations were too high.

We entered and the restaurant was half full. There were tables with abandoned food still on them and I thought that the food looked pretty good.

We also noted that many people were leaving with their left overs so it confirmed our expectations. We should have known better.

Our waitress came and was a most personable server. She is really the reason that we gave the rating that we did.

We ordered the Friday special to share. The Friday special is two pieces of cod and 12 shrimp. My wife ordered a bowl of clam chowder which came out of a can but was good non the less. She expected a much smaller portion so she wasn't really hungry when the special came.

The shrimp and cod were cooked in oil that had too low a temperature. The french fries that came with it were also cooked in oil where the temperature was too low. This left the fish and chips soggy with oil which we don't care for.

The sign says this is Classic American Food. No it is not! In all of our travels we have only once found a restaurant that had Excellent Classic American Food and the owner was Armenian.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

A group of four enjoyed a late lunch at The Skillet recently. All ordered different items from the menus, with three ordering "baskets" (one each shrimp, fish, chicken).Portions were large. Everything was good, hot and tasty. Good fries. Good cook. Good waitress. Quickly served. Child's plate for 4th older person in our party was quite large, well cooked, and of good value. We will return whenever we are in the Snowflake area.

Been to The Skillet? Share your experiences!