“Nice Hotel at a reasonable price”

Cocopah Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Somerton
Reviewed 21 January 2017

This was our first visit to the Cocopah. It is a bit of a drive outside of Yuma, but it's a nice drive. Lots of desert landscape with many lemon groves. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly. The pool and spa are heated and open 24 hours. They have a big arcade across the street for kids. The casino is fairly small compared to Vegas standards, but they have a nice variety of machines.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the top floor to avoid the smoke smell from the casino. It worked.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Not to bad if all you want is a bed. Not real clean but I don't think I'm taking home any bugs. No refrigerator, no vending machines, a/c and heater are in poor repair and noisy, tv doesn't come in very well over half the channels are fuzzy, coffee pot didn't work, no breakfast or even coffee available on Monday (free continental breakfast). I sat for an hour in the restaurant on Monday evening and didn't here a single slot machine and there were many people playing. On a good note the steak I ate on Saturday night at the restaurant was really good.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingRN_12
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed overnight at the Cocopah Resort & Conference Center in October. I had stayed here in the past and been pleased. I was very disappointed in my stay this time around as the facility was not clean and it was apparent that there was a lack of attention to detail.
My room was dusty and the lights in the bathroom over the sink were burned out. Worst of all is that the shower/tub did not drain fast enough so at the end of my shower I was standing in several inches of water.
I chose the Cocopah for the convenience of driving to a meeting in San Luis Rio Colorado, but next time I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The hotel is average and the service is so, so. We walked into the hotel to check in and were immediately hit by the smell of smoke in the place. We checked in and the clerk advised us that the hotel is "smoke free" which was news to us because it wreaked of cigarrettes. No problem, we don't smoke. The room looked nice to me but my girl complained that she thought that it was a bit dirty. The furniture looked a bit worn, but nothing major. The coffee pot and cups are in the bathroom...DISGUSTING. Don't they realize that people $#!^ here! Needless to say we didn't have coffee in the morning. The pool was not very good. It was packed with families with kids and in between all the cannonballs and other games that were being played, we really couldn't relax. The continental breakfast was not too appetizing and didn't have fresh fruit. The variety was not very good and we decided to go somewhere else. No attendants were present to clean the tables. We went to check out, but waited 10 minutes without seeing a clerk after hitting the bell several times. We ended up leaving a custodian a note with our room keys to make sure that they knew that we checked out, but were never able to receive a receipt.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oneusernm2many
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Wanted to get away with the family for a weekend trip. I have 3 teenagers. This hotel said it was kid friendly so I decided to book it. First of all when we checked in it took all of 2 minutes it was wonderful! I reserved 2 rooms still included in the 2 minute check in. The rooms are large and have all the basics you need. The pool and hot tub are open 24 hours which is a bonus !!! Across the parking lot is an arcade which has a bowling alley, laser tag, and an arcade. A lot t do for the teenagers. The casino for the adults was fun! The staff was great! I would definitely come back again! It was a nice stay!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerton
7.4 km away
17.9 km away
Hotel Araiza San Luis
Hotel Araiza San Luis
#1 of 1 in San Luis Rio Colorado

Been to Cocopah Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!