Springerville El Jo Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Reed's Lodge(Springerville)
Rode Inn(Springerville)
View Hotel
X Diamond & MLY Ranch(Springerville)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom keyking roombedspreadtowelsmotelmicrowaveshoweramenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The extremely friendly desk clerk couldn't find a reservation for me, but acknowledged my confirmation sheet and got us a perfect ADA room. She also gave me a rate lower than on my confirmation. Large walk-in shower with moveable shower chair. Sink in the dressing area. AC worked well. Very comfortable. There is a restaurant for dining adjacent, but not open on Sunday evening.

Room Tip: Two floors, all rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The motel might not look like much on the outside, but we were pleasantly surprised by our experience. The staff were super friendly and helpful, they helped us with finding local hiking spots. The room was clean and had the amenities we wanted. The hotel is old but it was very comfortable. The book in the room with local information and lore was so good we bought a copy to take with us.The café next door was also good. We were there in October, the office was decorated so cute for the season, we loved it. If we are in the area again we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I forgot a component for my CPAP machine and the manager was super helpful. She packaged the item and sent it priority mail as soon as the post office opened. (I forgot it on a Friday, so had to wait until Monday morning). After a few phone calls everything was arranged. The service was so genuine and she was so prompt. Thank you!
As for the room, it was very clean and comfortable; served all our needs. The food in the restaurant located right beside the motor inn was very good too, although be aware of the homemade bean soup - it was very salty! Very friendly staff. a nice overnight stay.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We had 3 choices of hotels in this town, we picked the El Jo Motor Inn based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. It is a 4 star experience if you base your review on cleanliness and amenities provided inside the room. The room was spotlessly clean. No hidden dirt anywhere that I could find. All of the furnishings are old and very well worn. At first glance I was a bit disappointed. But then, I noticed an alarm clock, microwave, refrigerator, coffee service, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body bar and facial bar, tissue dispenser, etc. etc. etc. The towels were a little rough on first touch, but softened quickly after the first exposure to a little moisture. They were big and thirsty, not thin "hotel" towels. There were plenty of them for the two of us. The beds, well, they were old and the mattresses a bit firm for us but okay for a night or two. The pillows, one soft, one firm on each bed. My husband remarked, "Hey colored sheets and pillowcases, haven't seen that before in a hotel." The bedding was dated, a thin blanket and a quilted bedspread. Old, but clean and no odor. There was a "do not disturb" card for the key lock, a book with lots of information about the area, and even a list of restaurants that give 10% off with your room key. We travel the world and have stayed in luxury hotels. If you overlook the "worn" and outdated you will find everything you need to sleep well. It was very quiet, too. The check in clerk even made sure she put us in a room with no one above us. This motor inn is old and well loved but is certainly deserving of respect as the owners are making the best effort possible. Only thing I didn't find was a hair dryer. So be sure to bring your own. I would stay here again without hesitation, if I was in Springerville. The check-in clerk recognized our name as being done as a phone reservation and that impressed my husband.

Room Tip: Tell the clerk what you would like and he/she will do her best to provide it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelBug13283
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We were traveling by motorcycle and doing a loop that included Highway 191, aka "The Devil's Highway", named due to the twisty hair pin turns overlooking beautiful mountain vistas that are anchored by Springerville to the North. The staff here was super friendly, the rooms were not glamorous by any stretch but clean and comfortable. There is a restaurant and bar right next door so it's a very convenient place to stop for the night.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business