“Good food, casual dining”
Review of Marley's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Marley's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2014

If you like liver and onions, this is the place. Solid basic menu that doesn't surprise or disappoint. Everything we've had here has been just fine. All the dishes lack much in the way of spices, but this is in a very senior citizen heavy city; so no surprise. Service is good and attentive.

1  Thank Jim P

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been going to Marley's since it opened once in awhile.Today's experience was the worst.The hamburger was overcooked ,I asked for medium ,it was brought to me well done no pink center .The server did offer to have another one cooked for me:but I waited 15 minutes for the one that was served,I was hungry,the bun was soaked with grease.My friend had to remind the server for his soup..Overall not a pleasant lunch,no wonder the place was not busy.I will not return.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok is the best I can give this "mom and pop" eatery. Really needs a facelift as the atmosphere is pretty dreary. The menu is unimaginative. Surprise needs a good non-chain restaurant. This place has possibilities.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Solid family menu. Kids really enjoyed their food and the four adults all expressed very positive comments about theirs. Even seafood was well prepared. Service was excellent and wait staff was really engaging in a most pleasant way. Food prepared well; ample servings. Great variety for a local establishment. Nice to see a NON-chaing doing well. Appeared to be very popular among locals. We appeared to be only visitors. Good food and good price. Ambience did not appear aimed at dating couples but great for family and friends. I'm sure many dates visit here. Just don't expect lit candles and hushed voices. My grandkids would blow out the candles and don't speak too much in hushed voices. Just saying.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Marley's reflects another very average restaurant in the Surprise area. It is favored by seniors for the fact the food is bland and inexpensive. They have a relatively large menu with nightly specials, sandwiches. They have a small patio (no misters). Upon entering you will find a small bar area to the right with scattered booths and tables. It is clean with competent wait staff. Our selections were on a Friday night. We had cod and catfish. The catfish was preferred. It had am acceptable flavor. The cod was chewy. Both had a heavy coating. You could tell that the fish came frozen and reheated. Entrees came with a choice of potato and coleslaw. We also had a complimentary corn breas as a starter. It was ok but somewhat dry. Happy hour wine prices of $3.25. This is a destination for very average cuisine.