“Our new hotel in the Phoenix Metro area!”

Windmill Suites in Surprise
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I found this gem in the Phoenix metro area on tripadvisor.com. This hotel lived up to the reviews that I read before I booked our stay. Every November, Shelly and I take an extended weekend to Phoenix for NASCAR.

The room:
We were in room 216 which is large and features a separate bedroom with a king bed and six pillows. We slept great so I check under the sheets and found we were sleeping on a "beautyrest" mattress. There are two TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. A nice computer desk to write this review. The HVAC system was very comfortable but not noisy like some other hotels I have stayed at.

The amenities:
This property has beautiful grounds which includes a pool and hot tub. The staff lays out towels on the lounges so you don't have to go looking for a towel. There is a fitness center and business center that I used to print out our boarding passes for our return flight. The lobby has a nice selection of daily newspapers including the Wall Street Journal. There is a library of books and DVDs as well as bicycles for the complementary use of the guests. The free wifi had a good level of performance. The breakfast room has gone way beyond the typical coffee and donuts that most properties offer. The Windmill breakfast includes; pastries, bread and English muffins for toast, sausage, bacon, eggs, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juices and waffles. You can eat in the breakfast room, in the lobby or tables outside.

The location:
I really like the location. First, it is in Surprise, out of the congestion and in a "safe" part of the Phoenix metro area. Second, it is on Bell Road. Whatever you need in terms of dining or shopping can be found on Bell Road from quick and inexpensive to upscale. The Arrowhead shopping center is minutes away. I always say that if you can't find it on Bell Road, you probably don't need it. The hotel is just west of the Loop 101 "west" freeway. We have stayed at hotels along I-17 and felt like we were in the ghetto, in other words - not safe.

The staff:
As I mentioned in previous reviews, the staff can either make or break the experience. The staff here must go to some kind of hospitality university because they do whatever they can to ensure the customer is satisfied. Here are some of the outstanding people that I interacted with:
Hakeem - we checked in at midnight and he got us checked in promptly and directed us to our room.
Tina Garcia and the second floor housekeeping staff. This is where the rubber meets the road as far as I am concerned and housekeeping was never an issue.
Brianna - My room key stopped working last night and she immediately recoded a key for me.
Samantha and Emerald - the morning crew on the job ready to help
Robert in maintenance - I pointed out that floor tiles were coming loose in the stairwell and he covered the area with carpeted mats until replacement tiles can be delivered.
Marilyn Page - My new friend from Australia, she was fun to chat with.
Kristin Jovic - I had some questions and concerns about the breakfast area and she immediate emailed Jenny Windle and sent me an email cc.
Mara Acosta - I was at the front desk when I observed Mara handling two sets of customer problems. One was from a guest that had checked out and the other was a guest coming in. This is were customer service experience really shows itself. Mara put on her "problem-solving" hat and came up with creative and reasonable solutions for these guests.

The only issue that I found was the cable TV channel lineup card is incorrect but Emerald assured me that the problem is being address with new lineup cards.

We will be back at the Windmill next year for NASCAR. The staff and accommodations of the Windmill have "earned" our repeat business. If you are looking for outstanding accommodations at a reasonable price, the Windmill has figured it out.

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

NASCAR Weekend!

“Our new hotel in the Phoenix Metro area!”

Dear Steve and Shelly,

Thank you for such a detailed positive review of the Windmill Suites in Surprise! It is always gratifying to know we exceeded your expectations during your stay!

Hakeem, Tina, Brianna, Samantha, Emerald, Robert, Marilyn, Kristin and Mara will be recognized at our next quality meeting for their hospitality during your stay.

We appreciate your comments regarding the spaciousness and design of our suite. We are also pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, the location of our property and the additional amenities offered complimentary to our guests.

Thank you for stating, “The staff and accommodations of the Windmill have earned our repeat business.” We look forward to welcoming you back during NASCAR weekend!

There are newer reviews for Windmill Suites in Surprise

Reviewed 9 November 2012

The staff at this hotel absolutely puts customer satisfaction first! They were very accommodating, friendly and yet professional. The rooms were immaculate. The bed linens were clean and of good quality.The pool was clean and inviting. The outdoor areas were beautiful. The breakfast was better than the average "continental" variety. The location is good with lots of nearby restaurants and businesses. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary209

“EXCELLENT stay!”

Dear Ms. Mary209,

Your review is most appreciated! Our team members will be recognized for their hospitality!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. We are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, our pool, the landscaping and the location of our property.

Thank you for recommending us! We appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

They tell you at check in that their goal is 110% satisfaction, and they work to make that happen. Nice big rooms and very friendly staff. The breakfast was filling with simple offerings, including a waffle maker. I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 5_Frosts
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

“Great place to stay”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Your review is most appreciated! Our team members will be recognized for their friendly service!

Thank you for your comments regarding the spaciousness of your suite. We are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you stating “you won’t stay anywhere else when I’m in the area.”

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Third visit to this Windmill Suites in Surprise/Sun West and would not choose anywhere else for NW Phoenix. It is in a quiet relaxing location and offers huge rooms with very comfortable beds. Since it is a Suites hotel it has most things you could want, at a reasonable price. Breakfast area a little small but you can also go outside to enjoy the morning Arizona sun with your meal!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

…“would not choose anywhere else in NW Phoenix”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

We appreciate your very nice compliment!

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the spaciousness and quietness of your suite. We are also pleased you enjoyed our comfortable beds.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us when you’re in the Phoenix area! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We have to make a last minute trip to Surprise Arizona my sister who lives there was going to have surgery. I have never stayed at the Windmill Suites before this trip. I want to let you know that it is a great place to stay, the entire hotel is very clean, the staff were all very friendly. They even gave us home made cookies when we checked in, they were delicious. This will be my new home every time I go to Surprise Arizona and we go a few times a year...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

“Our stay at the Windmill Suites”

Dear Lydia F.,

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! Our team members will be recognized for their service.

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our property. We are pleased you enjoyed the complimentary cookies at check in.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!