“Great breakfast croissant; wide variety of baked goods”

My Daddy's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Surprise
Reviewed 13 March 2017

The bakery makes its croissants in-house, so they are fresher than those offered by most restaurants. Mine was topped with eggs and ham. They use real eggs instead of a pre-packaged mixture. The ham was tender. This breakfast sandwich was wonderful.

Two things we ordered were very fresh and moist: a Neopolitan and a marzipan rainbow bar. Very good!

Two other pastries did not impress me: a bear claw and an apricot danish. I would have preferred a flakier dough. This dough was too bready, but perhaps that is the Italian style.

The bakery offers a wide variety of cookies and pastry.

I believe they make wedding and other cakes to order.

The bakery cafe is set back from Bell Road in a tiny shopping center.

The bakery cafe is small, offering about 6 indoor tables and several outdoor tables. The outdoor seating is probably fairly free of traffic noise.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We were in town for Spring Training and stopped in here. It was recommended, and we were not disappointed. The bakery items were fantastic. I have never seen such a large variety of items. We sat and ate too many baked goods, sampling many items between 5 of us. We decided to purchase sandwiches to go, for the baseball game. They were very very good. This place is a hidden gem! (A little hard to find) We will return here next year.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

My husband & I stopped in for a quick lunch on our way to visit friends in Surprise. There were a lot of people in the place at the time - we were surprised how busy it was for a Sunday morning. I ordered the Chicken Parm hot sandwich - it was awful! It consisted of a few small pieces of chicken, heated in alot of pizza type sauce, slapped into a bun, which then turns into a horrid, soggy, unappetizing mess in no time. Yuck!
My husband had a Reuben sandwich, which he said was just okay, nothing special. Note that you do not get service with a smile at this place. The display cases were full of cookies and various sweets, but I did not see anything that tempted me. It looks like a pretty average bakery - not in the league of Italian bakeries that I'm used to. We would not eat there again.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

The only place you will find authentic cannolli made with recatta cheese and candied fruit. No whipped cream here. They also carry a lot of frozen and refrigerated Italian food. Plus tons of cookies. Love this place reminds me of North Beach in San Francisco.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Middle aged lady that works there was rude 2 times I came in the store. Too bad they don't know how to treat their customers well.