“Dinner”

Yum Palace
Ranked #123 of 196 Restaurants in Surprise
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Good food. White meat chicken a plus. Husband said not spicy enough. Clean restaurant. Take out or eat in. Would come back

Reviewed 10 June 2016

If I could give this no stars I would! This was the WORST Chinese food I have ever had in my life! My first clue should have been the man answering the phone, he was obviously not Chinese which is pretty unusual for Authentic Chinese restaurants. I decided to give this place a try after receiving there menu in the mail. The pictures looked delicious and I was looking for a good Chinese place since moving to the Surprise area. I ordered Fried rice with Chicken, Beef and shrimp. This was also very strange to me that I had to order each meat separately that they did not have a combination plate like every other place I have been to in the past. I also ordered teriyaki chicken and 2 orders of the crab puffs,

The rice had absolutely no flavor at all and the meat looked under cooked to me.( i could have done better myself!) The crab puffs are always a favorite for us they were not warm and were complete mush on he inside. I picked one up and it just fell apart. The very outside of the crab puffs were still crunchy but the rest was so soggy that it fell apart. There was not much stuffing on the inside and it was mainly just cream cheese there was little to no crab and very little flavor. They are served with a very very small amount of a sauce which is not a sweet and sour sauce like most places. It had a unique taste and reminded me a little like honey. Even being soggy it was the high light of the food I ordered. The Teriyaki chicken was like something I have never seen. The texture of the meat was very strange and the teriyaki sauce was like water. We tasted a couple bites of each and couldn't do it. We threw the entire order in the trash and there went $45!

Please do not waste your money, you would be better off eating at Panda Express!

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Great Tai food. Amazing flavors which blend together beautifully. The service is always pretty fast. And now they offer Wine & beer.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Much better than a buffet and they have a great menu. I take great pride in being able to recommend any restaurant to a future customer and especially a friend. They have food that is no spice at all and then it increases if you request it to hot enough to blow on your birthday cake and you light the candles from your breathe. Their soups are fantastic, their spring rolls are out of this world, they have a very plain dinner salad, and your lunch choice can all be served on either fried or white rice. They have awesome folks working there and just thrilled that you came in for either lunch or dinner. On my scale of 1 - 10, I give them a well deserved 9.5. This is now tied with Pei Wei as the GO TO place for chinese. Nothing pre made and everything is fresh. Give them a try. One of the other things I look for is cleanliness.... they pass with high marks in that area. Try them. You won't need reservations as it is a small quaint little place that nobody knows about. Check em out before they get swamped.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We had lunch here and found the food to be above average. Service was attentive. We tried the yellow curry with rice and for desert we had the Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango which was excellent!