“Great American comfort food”
Review of Trapper's Cafe

Trapper's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Taylor
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

They know how to do diner food right. My wife and I both enjoyed our meal. She had the breakfast special, I had the fish sandwich. We both couldn't finish the generous portion, so we missed out on trying their famous pie.
This is good home cooked food.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We thought our meals we OK i.e. or average. The pie was better than the food, I live locally. I do not know if we will return.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Good food. Lots of choices. Service was just average. Nice and timely, but not super engaged. Good place for pie, for sure! Kids will love it. Easy on the pocket book, too!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

What a find! We passed Trappers going through town as we saw no cars around at meal time not realizing the parking was a few feet away at the side of the restaurant. And, the lot was almost full. The Rodeway Inn steered us back to Trappers and we were really glad. The chicken fried steak was huge and very good. The tender grilled chicken breast was one of the most flavorful I've had and was good plain. Their homemade brown gravy was better than most.
The homemade apricot pie was good too, a little sweeter than I like, but with lots of filling. The only downside was the bottom crust was soggy, but I don't usually eat it anyway.
Service was good and prompt even though the restaurant was full.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Where else can you get a nice burger for under $10. Trappers has them. I also like there green chili beef sandwich on rye which is grilled. And the pie is a must have. Just wish they were open on Sunday.