Bella Vista Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dominical
See available hotels
Villas Alturas(Dominical)
Excellent 5/5
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)
Costa Paraiso(Dominical)
Very Good 4/5
Waterfall Villas(Dominical)
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Sitting on the open deck, overlooking a Pacific sunset is one of the best ways to enjoy a glass of wine. This lodge is also built up the mountain which also gives you the jungle feel while watching the birds. This is Costa Rica! But, what sets this place apart from others is your host, Burt. He is funny, welcoming, and could not possibly be more accommodating. He is also a great cook. Burt creates a relaxed vibe here that instantly transforms you from your hectic life to a memorable experience.

Room Tip: You can choose a room in the lodge which is very affordable. It also gives you a chance to meet some international travelers. Things quiet down early, so no worries about noise. If you feel like more privacy, there is also a cabin option. Also, very reasonable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here with my fiancé and his two cousins. We rented the private two-bedroom cabina. My only regret is that we didn't get to stay here longer! It was such a lovely ambiance that provided a quaint, family-like setting where we became acquainted with really cool travelers through day-time activities, morning coffee and/or dinner. It was quite enjoyable to discuss the daily excursions with others and have some time to socialize while dining on a delicious dinner cooked by Bert and take in the most incredible views. He is super friendly, helpful and accommodating. If you're looking for quiet downtime, there are plenty of peaceful escapes outside your cabina also. All-in-all it was such a lovely experience and, given the opportunity, I'd love to return!

Room Tip: The two-bedroom cabina offered plenty of room and an incredible view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I first visited Bella Vista Lodge in 1999. Since that trip, Costa Rica captured my heart. I have lived in this country for 5 years now and when my friends and family come visit me, I get to go on vacation and "play tourist" again! Bella Vista Lodge is clean, welcoming, has great food that Bert is cooking up, has well cared for horses that can take you to an amazing waterfall and a river lodge for breakfast and lunch, and has some of the most beautiful views around. From the porch of our cabin that sits steps below the main lodge we saw Tucans and numerous other birds, heard howler monkeys, watched breathtaking sunsets, socialized with other guests, and sat and stared for hours at the natural beauty that surrounded us. I highly recommend visiting Bella Vista and stay awhile, cause you will not want to leave......

Room Tip: Up at the main lodge you are near the kitchen and dining tables and near other rooms where other guests may stay. Down at the cabin below the main lodge, there are 2 levels, each private and quiet, with the upstairs level having 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and the lower level with 1 bedroom and 1 bath. Each level of the cabin below also has a kitchen and refrig if you want to stay awhile and save some $ by cooking for yourself.....although, Bert's cooking is muy rico up at the main lodge every evening!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Over the years my wife and I have always enjoyed our escape from Los Suenos to spend some quality time "Tico style" at the Bella Vista Lodge.This year we were completely blown away with what we encountered. Everything about the lodge has been improved with the exception of the million dollar views and of course the stunning sunsets which I expect will never change!!! Bert has taken everything to a whole new level. My recommended itinerary includes the horseback trip to the waterfalls, cold beverages at Tortilla Flats by the beach where the people watching excels (good surfing too- take a lesson!) Ask Bert about the incredible waterfall near Uvita and don't miss the opportunity to see the whales. Next ime we go we will definitely stay more than 3-nights and challenge Burt to reach deep into his bag of tricks to expand our horizons. Oh yeah let's not forget the fantastic meals as they were to die for and upon special request you may even luck out with Crème brûlée for desert and some fabulous oatmeal cookies for your day trip adventures.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I just stayed for 3 nights in the Bella Vista Lodge in Dominical. We opted for one of the private cabinas. It was 100% a good experience and exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted a porch and room with a view: The rooms and the restaurant both have incredible views of the jungle and ocean. I could have sat around all day and just read books and admired the view while listening to exotic noises.

I wanted affordability: The private cabina was affordable and the rooms at the main lodge are even more affordable. This is a great bargain for people on a budget but still want world class views and nice facility.

I wanted a more intimate and social experience: Everyone gets to know everyone at Bella Vista. At first I was thinking this might be awkward. Once I met the owner Bert and the other couple guests we all clicked immediately. Every morning and evening we just hung out almost like a family. It was great. Bert is the center of it all trying to make everyone feel comfortable. It was like hanging out with a cool uncle. Bert if also a great cook and will make meals upon request. He suprised us one night with home made key lime creme brulee!

Only recommendation to Bella Vista: provide better fans for air movement.

Room Tip: Private cabinas offer the best privacy and quiet. There are only 2 cabinas so make your reservations in advance. The other rooms are more social but still are comfortable and have great views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple