“A definite "do" while in Drake Bay”

Gringo Curt's Seafood & Vistor Center
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Drake Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gringo Curt's Seafood & Visitor Center was established June 2010 and our menu has not changed to date. We have pride in our small menu because it assures that we can provide freshness throughout the year by purchasing fruits, vegetables and fresh fish, locally and daily. There are many benefits to having same day caught fish but one downside is that we cannot guarantee a time that we can open. If we have fish at 12pm, we open. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your visit Pura Vida!
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I am not a big fan of fish and after explaining my "idea" of good fish and what I don't like-Curt suggested the fish taco. I was skeptical, but promised myself I would try things out of my comfort zone. It smelled amazing just while he was cooking it-presentation was beautiful-fresh bright red tomatoes, onions, and a big serving. I have never tasted fish the way Curt prepared it and it was DELICIOUS. His fresh adult smoothie hit the spot :) He was very kind and friendly-took time to listen to my likes and dislikes...you don't get that kind of service in the states!! My regret?? that I was eager to try different places in Drake since this was my first time there-Other places just didn't match not only the food, the atmosphere and of course the company.
Thank you for expanding my pallet!!
When I go back next year, I will only eat at Gringo Curts!!!

1  Thank D O

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Finally a place where the fish is well cooked in Costa Rica. No fried fish there, just fresh perfectly cooked fish. The portion is very generous, and the restaurant is beautiful.
The smoothie was a bit too thick for me but with a very generous portion as well.
It was so good we came back the next day

1  Thank 662damiend
Reviewed 9 May 2017

A nice place to have dinner. The restaurant is at the main street. They offer a lot of local food (mostly fish), very well prepared. The staff is very friendly and funny. We can recommend Gringo Curt´s!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank alexanderstruss
Reviewed 8 May 2017

While the fresh fish wrap and rum smoothie were excellent, we most enjoyed gringo Curts understanding of the culture and nuances of Port Drake and it didn't cost anything extra.

1  Thank Nanette O
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The food and service were amazing. They serve the cath of the day on three different ways. Because they always catch something else, it's never the same food. The portions are extremely big. My husband and I couldn't finish one plate together.

1  Thank Dienty