“Best fish in town”

Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gringo Curt's Seafood & Visitor Center was established June 2010 and our menu has not changed to date. We have pride in our small menu because it assures that we can provide freshness throughout the year by purchasing fruits, vegetables and fresh fish, locally and daily. There are many benefits to having same day caught fish but one downside is that we cannot guarantee a time that we can open. If we have fish at 12pm, we open. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your visit Pura Vida!
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Delicious, fresh off the boat, one meal serves three! Plus, lovely viewing of local birds and a fantastic rum drink that lasts the evening. We ate here several times, it was THAT GOOD!!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

A small, intimate environment with a very limited menu. The fish was fresh caught, vegetables are fresh, and everything was prepared very nicely. It was a very good meal for Costa Rica, reasonably priced. My only complaint was with Curt himself. He talked on and on about himself, his history, his photography. It was very intrusive in a small space. Other than that, it's a good spot.

gringocurt, Owner at Gringo Curt's Seafood & Vistor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

I am very glad that you enjoyed your meal, but it is unfortunate that you felt I spoilt the atmosphere. As we are a visitor center in addition to a restaurant, guests often ask me questions and I do my best to respond. Usually, people ask about Drake Bay and the activities available here, but sometimes people do ask about my story and my nature slideshow. I try not to go on and on, but as you said, it is a small communal dining area and guests are often chatty with each other as well as with me. We do have two tables available in a more private space around the corner, which are available for those who prefer not to interact with others.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

There were three plates we could choose. Two of them were to be shared with two persons. One of these was vegetarian. The portions are large and the fish was really good. Probably necessary to book one day in advance, especially in high season.

1  Thank bob v

We appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Curt‘s is definitively the place with the best food in Drake Bay. The fish is super fresh and delicious. I also loved the smoothies and you can receive really good advice for tours and places to go to. If you are a big group, I‘d advise you the make a reservation.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Trust me you cant go wrong with any dish you pick here and when they say its a shared dish they mean it! The bird watching here is unparalleled and can be done with the best rum smoothies made on site- or bring your own drink of choice.....and if youre lucky Curt will be around to tell you the birds local names as well as almost anything else you could want to know about the areas ecosystem.