“Great food in a Western setting”

Yippee Ei O Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Tusayan
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the Yippee I O Steakhouse for dinner.

Although we hadn't made a reservation and the place was very busy we didn't have to wait long for a table.

The restaurant has a distinctive western feel and is well decorated in keeping with this.

Our server dressed as a cowboy but little short on dialogue and abrupt compared to anyone else we'd come across in other restaurants we had visited; maybe he was rehearing for a part in a Western.

Despite this the food was delivered promptly, was well presented and was very tasty.

I think that we just got the wrong waiter and would return for another performance!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

had a bad meal here which made me ill all night long. over priced. staff were rude and no help what so ever.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This restaurant is all about quantity of average food. If you are hungry, and just want meat, then this is the place for you. Plus salad, corn, beans, bread...on and on. But don't think that you are going to get a mouthwatering cut of steak. I'm not sure that concept exists in Tuyasan.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stopped in for a late lunch on our way out of the Grand Canyon. Nice atmosphere and friendly attentive service. At first glance, everything on the menu looked very pricey and it seemed that one large party got spooked by the cost and left after looking at the menu. If you are looking for a meal on a budget, this place ain't it....We both had the burger, which was very good. Our stop was enjoyable and worthwhile.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

A good steak should be mouth watering and bursting with flavor with you put it in your mouth. I got the T-Bone here and it had zero flavor. I had to add salt and pepper to it. It was a steak you just eat to eat. Not something you savor and enjoy.

The corn bread (was that corn bread?) tasted more like spongecake.

The baked beans were more like beans in a watery liquid. I'm used to thick sauce, maybe with some chipped bacon or something. But it was very much watery. I didnt eat anymore then a spoonful or two.

The salad was just some iceberg lettuce with 2 little tomatoes and a handful of onions.

The baked potato was good. They provide a side of cheese and sour cream. Not hard to screw that up.

Very disappointing, flavorless meal. They are obviously just making food for the masses because they know people need to eat and they are one of the few places to eat there. Although I did see another steakhouse. I wish I had gone there. Or hell, I wish I had gone to McDonald's.

FORCED TIP: I'm used to having gratuity added for parties of 8 or more. I was by myself. The receipt had a stamp saying "15% Gratuity Included". What? You don't trust single diners to tip? Or do you force EVERYONE to leave a 15% tip no matter what type of service they receive? I hate this. That was like the final slap across the face as I left. "We served you flavorless food and now you are forced to pay a 15% tip whether you want to or not."

The server was fine. He did a good job. I wouldn't "punish" him by leaving anything less. But its disrespectful to your customers to force them. I bet its because there are a lot of foreign tourists there and in many countries tipping is not the norm so this is their way to force those tourists to tip. Maybe instead have a stamp that provides a recommended gratuity.