Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon
Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$200
Travelocity
Days Inn Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$118
US$149
La Quinta
US$94
US$92
US$100
RodewayInn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$139
The Lodge On Route 66(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$150
Canyon Motel & RV Park(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$92
Highlander Motel(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$160
All reviewswafflesgrand canyonbreakfast room isnice hotelfree breakfastexcellent stayin townwould stay here againindoor poolfirst floorlarge roomhistoric routesmall towneasy accesstrain stationhot breakfastsouth rim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Did not receive made service on second day of stay and complained. Front desk told me housekeeping had gone home (@6:30pm) and handed me towels and shampoo. I asked for a discount /partial credit via Expedia and the manager told them that I left the do not disturb sign on door which is simply not true. I never put it on. Unfortunately, it looks like this place is a franchise based on someone else's review so standards are different that what you would expect at a comfort inn. Anyway, I know better now.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
GMComfortInn86046, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

wombatus_10,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced for discount request which didn't grant, The standard procedure in such cases is to confer with management regarding what can be done to resolve the error, as our staff is not authorized to make decisions which conflict with policy. I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Horrible! We are Choice Members & stayed at numerous Choice hotels this year & have never complained, always written excellent reviews, but I would NEVER stay at this hotel again! If you want to be meant to feel entirely unwelcome & be harassed this is the place. House keeping banged on our door at 8:50 AM with our Please Do Not Disturb sign clearly hanging on the door, we feel the front desk girl played a role in this to harass us for showing up 20 minutes before check in time of 3pm Cherice at the front desk is absolutely RUDE! Don't just take our word for it, read other reviews on other sites about feeling un-welcomed! The front desk girl (Cherice) is ruining this hotels reputation. We simply arrived 20 min before 3pm check-in, there were only 3 cars in the hotel parking lot, we walked up to the front desk & she was on a personal call, she looked up at us with an angry/dirty look & said "CHECK IN ISN'T UNTIL 3pm!" No "hi welcome, sorry your room isn't quite ready yet" she treated us like dirt off the street, what a way to greet your paying guests! We had no problem waiting the 20 minutes & even apologized to her & just let her know we were there for our anniversary & trying to make an early dinner reservation & head to the Grand Canyon to catch the sunset, she just scoured at us & said very rudely like an angry robot "CHECK IN IS AT 3PM" again it's not the 20 minute wait, it's the reception, the very rude way in which we were greeted, who wants to stay where they are being treated so rudely & pay for that? I asked if we could cancel if she didn't want us there & she said "No, you'll be charged" we reluctantly stayed. We knew we'd be returning late that evening so we asked for a Noon check out (now I know this is documented on your folio & housekeeping is aware of "Noon" check outs) We placed our Do Not Disturb sign out on our door but were rudely awakened by banging & housekeeping trying to bust thru our door at 8:50am!! This was harassment! Normal check out is 11AM Housekeeping is aware not to disturb guest before check out time if their DO NOT DISTURB sign out, this is so beyond unacceptable. My husband was furious & could not go back to sleep & said "lets just leave" he is the nicest guy in the world, never gets upset. We highly regret booking here. I tried to talk to management today & called but Cherice said she was in a meeting & hung up on me. What a tyrant! About place: Hotel room was alright, smelled like onions, pool looked murky.

Room Tip: RUDE STAFF & Housekeeping bangs on your door early!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GMComfortInn86046, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Julie S,

I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. In regards to the front desk staff member I will address your concerns and make sure this behavior doesn't happen. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

NASA could use this entire property as a clean room. The room, the hallways, the public areas and the breakfast area were all spotless. Good Wi-Fi and the air conditioning was quiet. Breakfast was good and the hot food was hot. Enjoyed my one day stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
GMComfortInn86046, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Michael F,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon Hotel. It is wonderful to hear of the great impression we made with our amenities and services. We look forward to serving you again and giving you another five star experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were looking for a moderately priced, quiet place to stay before heading up to the Grand Canyon. This fit the bill nicely. We checked in, made an afternoon visit to the Canyon and returned late in the evening. We had a good nights rest and a nice breakfast before heading back to the Canyon. The breakfast room was small and crowded and the breakfast was the usual hotel fare, but it was included in the price and we didn't have to spend valuable time going out. If you are looking for a nice place to stay and don't want to pay the high price of staying close to or in the park, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: quietest in the back
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear lentz316,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and
accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! I'm glad that you found our location convenient at a reasonable cost. We hope you were able to explore the area! We value our customers well and we are happy that you stayed with us!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Started in two rooms for three nights (myself and my niece and family) and we wanted to get an additional weeknight but the front desk wanted to charge about $60 more than they charged the previous weeknight (and about $50 more than the published Choice Internet rate). We went to another non-Choice hotel--with similar amenities--for less than we were charged the previous night).

I asked for a noon check-out, placed a "do not disturb" sign on my door but someone from housekeeping--without knocking--at 9:30 A.M. tried to get into the room. I checked out at 10 A.M. because I could no longer sleep.

I will never stay at this hotel again--though I am a Choice Gold Member and always stay at Choice properties.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Skemcho56
GMComfortInn86046, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

On behalf of our entire staff at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon Hotel, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team regarding the rate change. Your original stay was during the weekdays and the extending one night was over a weekend. The hotel rates vary on weekdays and weekends based on events in town. The hotel was prices very competitive during the additional night you had requested. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.