Grand Motel
Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$142
ComfortInn
Days Inn Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$93
Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$150
BestWestern.com
US$149
La Quinta
Quality Inn Near Grand Canyon(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$125
QualityInn
US$130
US$120
RodewayInn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$214
US$200
The Lodge On Route 66(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$140
Canyon Motel & RV Park(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$92
All reviewsbig chain hotelsa great place to stayrestaurants and shopscomfortable bedsmicrowave and fridgehot watercontinental breakfastroutetowncarpetaccommodations
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I have driven Route 66 a few times and knew when booking this motel what I may encounter so was ready for it to be rustic and minimal. I was wrong on the rustic but right on the minimal and that was fine. The room we stayed in had 2 Queen beds and were separated by a wall which was perfect and gave our teenager her own space. The bathroom was so clean I couldn't believe it and there was a little kitchenette with a microwave and coffee maker. We arrived at 9:30pm and were checked-in and walked to our room by the owner. He told us he had turned on the heater and space heater a little while before and when we walked in it was freezing! I wondered what had I gotten us in to since it's December, snow on the ground and we booked 2 nights. It took an hour and the room was warm and we had a great night sleep. After a long day spent exploring the Grand Canyon we came back to our warm and cozy room and flopped. Hot water was plenty. I'm OK with not having a maid, a big tv, etc. we were there to explore and enjoy being together and we did. Towels were swapped out when requested.
This place is convenient to downtown Williiams and walk-able to everything. The continental breakfast is enough to get you through and owner was nice and helpful. This isn't the Ritz so don't come expecting many amenities. It's minimal but comfortable. The owners are restoring and bringing it back to life I look forward to seeing the place again in a couple of years.
Items to note: There is only a 3 prong outlet in the kitchenette (I travel with a couple of those adapters just in case and I was glad to have them) and you'll be drying your hair somewhere other than the bathroom.
Fun stop and we enjoyed our time here. If I had one request it would be please add a couple of throw rugs on the floor for those colder nights.
Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank In2worldtravell
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We spent one night here on our trip along Route 66. It's a fine little motel with comfortable beds. A perfect place to stay along the 'Mother Road'. Just a short walk away from restaurants and shops. The owner is lovingly and faithfully restoring this long neglected motel to its original 1930s appearance but with as any modern conveniences as possible without spoiling its historical appeal It's 'work in progress' and we wish them well with completion of the project.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SougiaBay
Reviewed 8 October 2016

On a trip round America. Stop here for what was to be 2 nights left.after one. Room was every basic took 20 minutes to get tepid water at the basin so did not attempt to take a shower. The owner went to great length to tell us about how there had been a water shortage yet I had to waste water trying to get any hot. When I switched on the light in the bathroom the extractor fan came on making it extremely hard to hear anyone else in the room spea to you. There was also a fridge in the room right next to the bed , this had a rather loud hum when it came on. The room our friends were in had a funny smell in it which even opening the windows did not go away. When we informed the owner that we would not be back he gave us 15 minutes to vacate the property and became a screaming lunatic

Room Tip: Nothing was good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent stay. My wife and i stay there and we loved it brought you back to the old days of traveling .the owner was very helpful and informative made are stay pleasant and the best part of it bearzona and the grand canyon were right there for day trips could get much better he also recommend great places to eat thanks.see ya next year

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric T
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here two nights with a single queen bed. I think some people's complaints I have read come from lack of information before the stay so I'll try and give the information I would have liked to have known.

1. Room is smaller than most hotels because buildings in 1936 were designed with smaller rooms. Didn't bother me any. It did have a ceiling fan that I enjoyed.
2. Parking is very tight. Again this is because of original design. We made it okay but the backup camera helped. Everyone should be fine except I wouldn't want to stay here if I traveled in my full size pickup. You could probably still do that but it would be tight.
3. My wife HATED having no outlets in the bathroom and no counter space. I think the owner mentioned adding some shelving in the future. The room did have a closet with a full length mirror on the closet door.
4. People have mentioned the exterior looking dreadful but a lot of the painting has been done and based on the few sections he had remaining it now looks much, much better.
5. Breakfast was toast, bagels, cereal, mini-muffins, bananas, yogurt, and on the first day pastries. Sadly there is nowhere to sit unless you take the food out to the pavilion or to your room. The weather was perfect for us and we enjoyed eating at the beautiful pavilion but not all days have great weather.
6. I don't think the office is manned except during breakfast and the 4 pm-10 pm check-in times.
7. At least on our 2 night stay we were told they do not service your room unless you call them and request it. I don't know if longer stays are treated differently.

Other thoughts; hotel is within easy walking distance to the whole town, a nice flat screen is mounted on the wall with Directv, owner recommends restaurants in town and along your route, I thought the microwave in the room was broken until I realized someone had unplugged it, the hot water took several minutes to arrive hot but did eventually get there.

Biggest gripe would probably be I never could get the wifi to work! Owner said I should restart my device but that didn't help for either phone or the tablet. I gave up after 7-8 attempts at logging in and just used cellular data for the little I needed.

Final verdict: Knowing all this I would still stay here again because it is $25-$55 cheaper than the other hotels I was considering in town and nothing prevented us from enjoying ourselves.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple