“Great Japanese”

Sakura
Ranked #21 of 60 Restaurants in Batesville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Way above your everyday Japanese steakhouse. Portions are large and always cooked perfectly. Chefs are well trained and entertaining, table servers are attentive.
But the main thing is the food. Always delicious, always plentiful.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Compares to Fuji with diner and a show. Some chefs are more entertaining than others. Portion sizes are very large

Reviewed 20 March 2017

This past week while in the area for work, some coworkers and I decided to try this place. They had good reviews on Yelp so figured it would be a great place to eat! The reviews did not lie their grill side was excellent. They have a Restaurant side and a Grill side. We tried the Grill side and did the Hibachi and it was excellent. It was very flavorful and the steak I got was nice and juicy and prepared just like I like it. They give you a lot of food so I ended up taking the leftovers the next day for lunch and they were just as good the next day! Only wish I had discovered them earlier in the week so I could have gone back again. I had to leave that next day. Definitely will go back if I find myself in Batesville again!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We (2 couples) arrived at Sakura in Batesville, AR and chose to be seated at a table. When the waitress arrived she was sniffling about every 3 seconds and insisted she needed no pad to take our order. When the food came out in waves over a 15 minute period...I was NOT impressed! My steak came out well done and for me anything past medium ruins the steak! Literally 5 minutes after my food came out she brought the other couples and one of them ordered steak....it was cooked rare. She did not eat it. Then 5 minutes later my wife's noodles came out...her explanation was that they only had 1 bowl in kitchen to cook with, Really! The waitress that doesn't forget anything sat food in front of wrong people and to make matters worse, charged wrong ticket to each card! Overall, catching a cold from a sick waitress, fried rice that tasted like something in a frozen dinner, the steaks prepared improperly, the meals being brought out over a 15 minute period, and being charged improperly; I WOULD HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

The food here is pretty good and so is the service. The problem is that it is overpriced and the quantities are small. Even if you don't sit at the hibachi, the price for what you get is simply out of line. Good food, good service, poor value. An earlier review said to come here during lunch when prices are much better. That might be sound advice. Not recommended for families on a budget. I was hungry when we left because the quantities were small.....but the bill certainly wasn't.

1  Thank jreb357