See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2017

This place could be magnificent, but such a waste. There is no sign to assist in locating, drove past the driveway 3 times before we took a chance and turned in. Perimeter wood fencing is collapsing, grounds are unkempt, hedges untrimmed, broken fountains on the front porch, old rotten boxes line the back fence by the garage. Entering the house, the wood floors, crown mouldings and staircase were beautiful. Seemed OK until we went upstairs to find that there was only 1 working bathroom for the 4 bedrooms (8 people). Working bathroom only had hot water to the sink. Had to request towels; but no wash clothes, shampoo, body wash or lotion were provided. Went to a nearby store to purchase our own. High price was to include 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts - got breakfast, but no dinner either night. Owner was a vegetarian, so no meat was offered. Ceiling was drooping in the den area, wood floor was buckling in the kitchen - tripped several times, indoor pool and spa were clean, but unusable - no heat, full sheet of plywood covering a broken window to the patio, and the leather couch on the outside patio was interesting. Rollaway bed by the pool was another nice touch. We made the best of a bad situation, since we were there for a family member's wedding. This venue had been booked for 6 months, so there was no excuse for the poor condition.

Stayed: April 2017
4  Thank cjcb0524
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This is a fair bed and breakfast at best, if you want to call it a bed and breakfast. It is hard to locate. It sits at the top of the hill and there is not any sign or street number at the end of the drive to be found. When you arrive you are greeted by broken fountains, debris scattered in the front of the "mansion", and a lack of parking.The grounds are not maintained. There are piles of trash in front of the garage. The leather couch on the back patio adds an interesting touch. I was told that there would be a hot tub and sauna in my room, there was neither. There wasn't even a bathroom attached to my room to have these. My closet had was not cleaned out. There was old bedding, baskets, and lots of other random items, but no hangers to hang my clothing. There was only one working bathroom for 8 people. The one that was working only had hot water at the sink. We had to provide our own wash towels. The only toiletries were provided were used bar of soap in the shower, half used bottles of shampoo and conditioner. The indoor hot tub and pool were cold and unusable, but you can enjoy the sound of the fountain while resting on the poolside bed. I stubbed my toe multiple times on the floor boards that are coming up in the kitchen. There are obvious plumbing issues. With the bowing floors and the ceiling in the dinning room looking as though it would cave at any moment. I had to go to the nearest store to buy food while we waited for Sam to wake up to make "breakfast" which consisted of eggs and pancakes. This could be an amazing place if someone put the work into it and focused on the details. Not worth the money.

Room Tip: ask to see it before you agree to it
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank joytothishouse
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Sam's Mansion is a lovely place to stay. It has personality, is clean and comfortable. Sam was a very attentive host and went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and happy during my stay. Although I did not use the pool during my stay I could see that it was very clean also. Sam made me a lovely veggie omelet for breakfast! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Amm50474
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Wonderful host and beautiful rooms and common area. Close to everything in Bentonville! Peaceful music, clean bathrooms, etc...very accommodating. Will visit again! Bentonville was voted 3rd best place in America.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Shabby from the get go. No bathroom in room. Bad plumbing. Cloudy water. No lock to door when you leave. Flimsy lock when your inside. Shabby entrance to establishment. Not impressed. It was cheap though. Guess you get what you pay for. Definitely off the grid.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple