“Charming Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Riverside Resort on Kings River
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed the weekend here. The cabin was charming. Very homey and comfortable. I am a housekeeper by trade and I thought the cabin was extremely clean.
The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, coffee supplies, even a crockpot.
The bathroom was clean, but the shower didn't work very well. This was the only knock I would give this place.
The grounds are quiet and peaceful.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Owners were very accommodating. Cabins are older, a little dated, but priced right. Includes a kitchenette and an outdoor grill. We stayed in a duplex cabin that included a carport. This is the place to be if you want cheaper lodging on the river. We were able to swim and set off our own fireworks on the riverbank. Maybe next time we will get to canoe!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2015

We rented a cabin for 4 days/3 nights for fishing & 'glamping' anniversary weekend (great access to Kings River for catfish & bass fishing). Not handicap accessible, but Cabin 4 (2 guests) worked well with my walker & was not connected to any other cabins or buildings.

RUSTIC AMENITIES: Think "CAMPING" with electricity, but with a cabin instead of a tent. No daily 'room service', though will clean by request (we had a storm & tracked in mud, so they swept & vacuumed). See my further comments & photos for more info.

Resort driveway is marked 'private access' for guests privacy reasons (I asked manager specifically regarding this as we had family planning to drop by to visit & fish with us). There is 'parking' by a gate to the river at the back of property, but it's for guests, float trips, or pre-arranged with management (there's public access to the river on the other side of the highway across from the resort - so this isn't a hardship to protect guest privacy).

Canoe rentals available for float trips. No wifi, digital TV with about 6 channels & VCR player in room. Small kitchenette with small fridge with freezer, cook stove top & microwave (no oven). Toaster & Coffee maker provided, basic kitchen necessities on hand. Cabin 4 had very comfortable Queen size bed & a Jacuzzi tub. Gas fireplace & radiator for heat, ceiling fan & window A/C for cooling.

Full bathroom (but no handicap modifications - my walker sufficed for my safety needs).

Brief description of rest of resort: Cabins #1 (2 guests) & #2 (4 guests) are duplex unit; Cabin #3 (6 guests) with carport; Cabin #4 (2 guests - probably easiest for handicap needs); Cabins #5 (6 guests)/#6 (4 guests)/#7 (2 guests & hot tub) are 'attached' to the office with various amenities.

Volleyball net available for outdoor activity. River flows behind resort at bottom of gentle slope for fishing & water fun. Bonfire area with outdoor seating for evening fun. Cabins have picnic tables, grills, variety of patio furniture (most have some type of 'deck' or patio area).

This is a rustic, family friendly, retreat. The staff were friendly and informative. If you're looking for room service, wifi, cable or satellite TV, this isn't for you. But if you're looking for a peaceful getaway in a charming rustic setting, yet near to an eclectic interesting tourist town (Eureka Springs AR, 5 miles) & a Family Friendly Entertainment destination (Branson Missouri & Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede & much more, 40 miles), then this is the place for you.

Oh yes, cats on property ... 'no dogs allowed' (alert management when calling for reservations if you have a service dog).

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank moonstream
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We wanted to go to Eureka Springs in October 2013 & wanted to stay away from the city ina cabin. If you are on a tight budget, you may be tempted to stay here. We should have listened to the other reviewer they did wrong in the past. We booked a 2 nite stay with our credit card 7 weeks before our arrival date. Almost TWO weeks later we received a call from the owner saying that our credit card did not work, and that she GAVE OUR CABIN AWAY to someone else! When asked what card number she used & read it back to her, she had gotten the last 2 numbers transposed. Then she informed us that her bigger, nicer cabin was still available (at the higher rate). If that isn't a "bait & switch" I don't know what is. We asked if she would put us up there since SHE messed up the numbers. After all, it was HER mistake. She replied "oh, NO, THEY won't let me do that." Who the heck is THEY.SHE is "they." She is the owner! If I owned a resort and I screwed up someone's reservation, I would honor their reservation and put them in the bigger cabin and eat the extra $20 and learn from my mistake in order to have happy customers. Why did she wait so long to run the card through? When it didn't go through, why didn't she simply call us and let us know and maybe make sure she had the correct number, or ask us if we could use a different card? Why would you simply give the cabin to someone else? Then she didn't want to admit to her mistake. She said "I don't know how that got screwed up." Duh! YOU screwed it up! So we had to book at a different resort, and it was not up to our standards, so she pretty much screwed up the Arkansas part of our vacation as we had to leave that other resort and go back to Branson, missing out on the things we had planned in Berryville on the 2nd day we would have stayed there. Thanks for nothing, Riverside! We will NEVER stay with you and we would NEVER recommend this resort to ANYONE!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank tommarcella
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Great little area with lots of bank access to the river. Came in spring to just explore with some friends for spring break but really want to go back to kayak and fish. Awesomely close to Eureka Springs and is right in the heart of the Ozarks. Ponca valley is also right up the mountain. Small cabins but we made do. College students often do. Had a quiet trip with little to no hiccups. Nice owner who was happy to help us out. Will come back!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Ozarker88

Been to Riverside Resort on Kings River? Share your experiences!