All reviewsthe main housecakeson arrivalconverted barnyorkshire dalespot of teawarm welcomebreakfast was amazingcake waitingmini moonspacious roomwent out of her waynew ownersdelicious homehomemade breadenglish breakfastlocal area
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This is the best B and B we have stayed at. The room and bed were huge, the breakfasts out of this world and nothing was too much trouble. We were treated as real guests not just people who needed somewhere to sleep and breakfast in the morning. The English breakfast was the best (and biggest) we had ever had and on our last day Judy made us some magnificent pancakes. I actually think the accommodation is UNDER priced.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Our vist to WESTFIELDs FARM was at the end of a FIVE DAY excursion up to....and along the top of ENGLAND and then down on the right hand side to BELLERBY. Our first destination after leaving the CARDIGAN BAY Coast of WALES was the LAKE DISTRICT...and onto PENRITH we turned across the TOP of ENGLAND to HEXHAM...HADRIANS WALL and the MONASTRY (as was) for a NEPHEWS WEDDING......onto DURHAM and then A1 SOUTH to CATTERICK.....and BELLERBY.....here to stay with the ASHERS of AYSIDE. Judith and John known to us. They maintained their HOLIDAY HOME ..BROOKFIELD AYSIDE THE LAKE DISTRICT which we visited each year for 10 + years.....They had relocated. Our JOURNEY was not in vain. A Warm splendidly presented... detached from the House ROOM awaited us. ...(One.. of TWO ROOMS) We dined in the HOUSE for BREAKFAST. I have no hesitation at all in commending to you WESTFIELDS FARM....and the ASHERS. We had travelled a long way to..." see for ourselves".... You will get to see their HORSES and PONIES too if you have that interest.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The barn conversion was developed specifically for b&bs, thus the bedrooms are seperated by a lounge/kitchen/dining area.The large room IS large and comfortable, with a modern ensuite. It has a seperate entrance for doggy's nightime needs.
The mother and daughter are super friendly, and both can cook a sumptious full yorkshire breakfast, at the time of your choosing.
We spent a few days exploring the surrounding area, which consists of some of the most beautiful parts of the stunning Yorkshire Dales - we'll be going back to Westfields.
Probably the best b&b we've stayed at!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LymmDaveONeill
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely time at Judy and John's B and B. We were greeted with cakes and a drink, the room was luxurious, very warm and comfortable and we were given a delicious breakfast on both days. My wife needed a nice relaxing break and this certainly gave us all that we could have hoped for!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andyhiggins
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Westfields Farm near Leyburn is a delight! From the moment you arrive, everything is done to make your stay memorable.

The accommodation is beautifully appointed, delightfully decorated and spotlessly clean. Judy, the owner, went out of her way to make my stay memorable. She drove me to the markets, rang restaurants and provided me with maps so I could walk in the Yorkshire Dales. Judy's final kindness was to give me her phone number "just in case I needed rescuing from the highlands of Scotland". As an Aussie, travelling alone, I was delighted.

Judy serves a great breakfast and there is always fruit and a plate of home made cake on the table, just in case you might be peckish.

Westfields Farm near Leyburn is the perfect place to stay in the Yorkshire Dales.

Thank you, Judy!