“PLEASURE OF PAELLA”

El Mediterraneo
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: First Spanish Restaurant in Kathmandu, Nepal with the experience of a fine dine along with variety of tapas and mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Such an amazing place...to our surprise we were served with one of the best seafood paella I have ever had...and the desserts are equally awesome walnut brownie, tiramisu and lemon mousse....are just divine...

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We found a review in Lonely Planet for El Mediterraneo and have no regrets.

The food was fantastic. The service was one of the most courteous and welcoming we had on our entire journey to Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan!

elmediterraneonepal, Manager at El Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

HI,
First of all I would like to thank you for visiting our restaurant and also for writing the review. I am glad that you were very satisfied and everything were up to the mark what you have anticipated after finding our review in lonely planet.
Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I am ever leaving the review on trip advisor, but I had to do this since it was so great. I really enjoyed all the food there, and especially the services was absolutely amazing. All the staffs were helpful and kind. Tapas set is highly recommendable. Also I was glad that it didnt take much time for the food to come out. Thank you so much for making unforgettable memory on my birthday by throwing a surprise party! Definitely going to visit again!! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to try something new and also good.

한국말로인식이 되어서 한국말로써야하네요 정말추천할만한 곳입니다. 음식도 맛있고분위기도좋고 특히 직원분들과 사장님이 정말친절하십니다.

elmediterraneonepal, Manager at El Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear jeewon,
First of all thank you so much for planning your birthday in our restaurant. I am happy to know that you and your friends enjoyed the whole proceeding. Have a wonderful year ahead.
Best Regards

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

From food to service and atmosphere everything was up to the level best. Croquettes pinchos risotto and walnut brownie were the best.... Highly recommended

Hi Sawara,
Thanks for your visit and also spending your time for reviewing. We El mediterraneo team is always ready to deliver our clients with best cuisine, service, atmosphere and value in return. Clients optimum satisfaction is our foremost objective.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My son and I ate at El Mediterraneo at the end of our five weeks in Sri Lanka and Nepal. We felt a strong need for food other than curries, and tapas sounded good. And they were GREAT. The albondigas (tiny meatballs) and potatas bravas (roasted potatos with an excellent piquant sauce) were exceptional. As were the Serrano ham with tomato and the smoky eggplant. We ended up ordering doubles of several things. Oh - the chicken pincho was really good, too.
At the end of this delightful and stress free meal (all things catered to the traveler's need for fresh fruits and veggies washed in iodine), I found to my horror and embarrassment that I had left all my money back at the hotel. I arranged a plan to leave my son as "hostage" (don't worry - he's 20) while I taxied back to hotel, then back to restaurant to pay, then back to hotel. The manager stepped in and acted with such kindness and grace, assuring me that he could work this out with my hotel and I was not to worry. Sure enough, a plan was hatched and carried out without us having to do all that running around!
So, not only delicious food, but true hospitality was available. It was a wonderful way to end our trip abroad.

elmediterraneonepal, Owner at El Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

hi leslie,
i am glad that you liked our foods . as for hospitalily of our restaurant , our moto is SATISFCATION OF CUSTOMER . so we treat every customer with love and care .
i resquest you to tell your friends , families about el mediterraneo when they travel to NEPAL.
Bibhushan