“Wonderful! You can NOT beat this delightful motel for the $”
Review of Motel 62

Motel 62
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My husband and I booked the Motel 62 after reading mixed reviews because of the $49.95 (off season - Dec.); and the fact that this motel was "pet friendly". We travel with our little Pomeranian "Tink". We were not sure if this motel was a part of the Motel 6 chain or if it was an independent. Let me tell you, it is NOT part of Motel 6. We arrived a little after 6:00 p.m. and we were welcomed with beautiful Christmas lights and a very clean, attractive little motel. The woman that checked us in could have been a little friendlier, but maybe she had a long day. I can honestly say that I was expecting a clean motel, but more than that not so much because of the price. Not only was it clean, the room was huge with a heart shaped jacuzzi tub! There was a dressing area with a double sink that was separated from the bathroom that had a tub/shower combo. The room smelled good and was light and bright. There is a large window in the front of the room and a large picture window in the back of the room that actually opened and you could let fresh air in if you chose. The view out the back was of the beautiful Ozark Mountains. There was a small refrigerator and microwave, which was wonderful since we like to make hot cocoa and tea on cold evenings! I truly can not say enough about what a wonderful little motel this is. When, IF we make it back to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, we will definately be staying here again. Truly, if you're on any kind of budget, this is the place to go. We had a wonderful experience! One last thing....tip your housekeeper!! I'm sure they don't work for executive wages and they appreciate a few dollars left in their envelope! We appreciated the wonderful little towel elephant she made that was left on the bed!! Great job Motel 62! This is how you get return customers!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 December 2009

I was surpised by the Motel 6 during my recent getaway to Eureka Springs. It was one of the cheapest options available, and yet the only thing that felt cheap was the breakfast. My one recommendation that probably will make all of the difference is to get a room on the back side of the hotel. This eliminates highway noise, and there is a great view of the forest and wilderness behind. There was hardly anyone staying around us so we felt complete privacy and exclusiveness.
The room was up-to-date with wireless internet (the secure access code is on the room door), and the other standard amenitites that usually accompany a basic economy hotel. The bathoom looked like it had been recently remodeled which is always a plus. The bed was a little stiff, but that's not too shocking for an economy hotel. The hostess was very friendly. She made sure that we had a great stay, even if she wasn't the easiest to understand.
As mentioned previously, the "bear bites" breakfast was pretty bare. Cereal and maybe a bagel or two (as well as coffee) were all that were provided. Fortunately there are many great places to eat breakfast in brunch in Eureka so get out of the room and enjoy the town! The cereal can hold you over till you get there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I treated myself to a 3 day getaway in Eureka Springs. Was delighted to book a jaccuzi room and could bring my 2 Bichons, Cody and Scarlet, with me. Yippee!!
After the first night the dogs seemed restless and agitated. They both stared itching and scratching, I figured they were allergic to something in the room maybe. The next day went for outings and drives around taking in the beautiful scenery.By that evening, I too had been bitten in various places. I ,later that evening ,was startled to find both of my Bichons infested with fleas. Not exergerating being up all night, literally picking fleas off of theses babies. There were so many bites, that I was afraid they would go to the hospital. I left first thing the next morning. Complained at the front desk and was refunded my entire stay, with apologies. I would recommend that anyplace that is 'pet friendly' needs to maintain those rooms with regular "flea treatments" ie, foggers. This is a health hazard for your guests as well as their pets!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2007

The outside of the the motel looked nice, like it had been recently painted. It didn't look like a motel 6 it looked like a nice place to stay. I get in the room and its another story. The tile all along the bathtub was stapled down but it didn't work because it was coming up. Later I found out the faucet for the bathtub was broken, you couldn't get a good pressure out of it or keep it on for any length of time. To be fair, you do get what you pay for and it was 40 bucks. The carpet did look new and clean, unlike the bedding. I found hair on both the comforters, these things need to be washed daily!!! Sad to say that I don't think most hotels/motels bother to clean them at all. Your lucky to have clean sheets put on the bed. I could stay here again but not comfortably, I don't like the thought of laying in someone else's dirty bed. Maybe the non-smoking rooms were cleaner?

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 July 2007

Checked in during June of 2006 on a vacation to Branson/Eureka Springs. Found the motel in an advertisement in Branson and called and booked for $69 per night for two nights. Arrived and checked in with no problem and got settled in the room. Now I travel some, and I know that every place has its problems and usually don't get too worked up about it. This was no different. There was some cosmetic problems with the vanity/bathroom area as well as some missing ceiling tiles. Otherwise the room was mostly clean, except for the obvious debris in the sink and on the vanity from the missing ceiling tiles being removed, and the spider webs in the corners. On our first morning there we awoke to housekeeping attempting to breach the door at 0700. The girl was quite nice but due to a language barrier she was having problems understanding we were not ready for housekeeping. The vending area was excessively hot for some reason. The soda was very warm, the candy was all molten, and the ice machine was empty. I spoke to the manager in regards to this but no resolution was reached. The pool was nice and we swam both days and can't complain about that. For $49 or even $59 a night I wouldn't gripe, but for $69 I did and still do. After no satisfaction from the manager (all I really wanted was "sorry, it won't happen again, etc.") I contacted Accor Hotels. That gave me the same satisfaction as shoving a sharp stick in my eye. Anyway, we go to Branson/Eureka Springs several times each year, but won't go the way of the Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family