“Don’t judge on appearances!”

O'Mahony's of Watergrasshill
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Description: A family-run bar serving the best of local food, great pints and good company. We are open weekend evenings and serve tapas from 6-9pm.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We (4 of us) had heard the food here was good and were a little concerned as we arrived - it didn’t look too inviting at 630pm on a Saturday. We weren’t long changing our minds! One very hardworking server (?The owner) knew everything about the menu & winelist, he was great! We shared antipasto & cheeseboards, a selection of small plates (cost €7-9 each) and a lovely Verdicchio. We were too full to have dessert but they sounded amazing - I did consider coming back next day for one! Our favorite dishes were braised beef croquettes & pork sliders. Great patatas bravad too. As the evening went on it got busier & the atmosphere picked up.
I’d love to go back!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Began with tasty boards of artisan meats pickles olives cheese dips and humus. Then, perfectly timed, courses of tapas were plated up. Simple and fresh, this is the best food I have seen and tasted for a long time. Desert was 5 star with a board of delicate pavlovas, chocolate cakes and truffles, ice cream and more, again timing was perfect between courses by the waiter. It’s refreshing to be looked after by obviously trained professionals and pay a reasonable price. Top dining experience.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Hidden gem in small village of Watergrasshill. Went with group of friends. Lovely relaxed atmosphere with great food. Very reasonably priced also. Can't wait for next visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

A few nights ago I met friends at O'Mahonys. I hadn't been there before but knew that it was a tapas bar. We sampled 5 of the tapas dishes which were all just devine. The wine that we had was delicious... A little too delicious! I suffered a bit the next day but it was so worth it! It also was very reasonable. We were there all night sharing platters and drinking and when the bill came I was happy to see that it cost €45 each. We were all full to the gills with wine and food so I think that's very reasonable. The atmosphere is lovely and the guy that is running the place couldn't be more helpful. He told us they are doing music once a month.... I'm looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful selection of tasty food served in cosy, contemporary surroundings. Thanks Victor, Maire & staff for making my "significant birthday" so enjoyable.