“The 2lb porterhouse was incredible!”
Review of Doe's Eat Place

Doe's Eat Place
Ranked #38 of 424 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Visiting a friend from out of town. I love steaks, so she took me here. They were sold out of all the smaller steaks, so we got the massive 2lb porterhouse.

Cooked medium rare to perfection. The fries were great. Too good, as I didn't want to fill up on them! The salad wasn't good at all. Watered down vinegar for dressing. We had tamales for appetizer, but I'm from south Texas...and they were just ok.

But I came for the steak. It was seasoned lightly, but well. Steak was juicy and delicious!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

We visited downtown Fayetteville looking for a local spot for dinner. One of our business companions in our group lives in the area and recommended this place. The menu is quite limited but good. Most entres on the menu are steaks and so steak it was! We started with an order of tamales for the table (against the recommendation of our local friend!). I don't eat them often and they tasted fine to me but not a big fan of tamales anyway. I ordered the small fillet cooked med rare and it was fantastic! Family style sides of mushrooms and crunchy green beans were also good. Overall the food was very good. Beer selection was ok. I would have thought there would have been more offerings in a college town but the typical domestics were available along with 3-4 local crafts. Aside from the steaks, the cute waittresses were the best thing about the place. All college aged and working us old businessmen quite well. Great place and would definitely return!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

This was my first time and I can say that if you put on your "steak blinders" and just shell out some big "doe" for the awesome steaks, you'll be happy. Anything else, critically, is just so-so. Their tamales are so bad as to be laughable, but then I'm a tamale snob from Glendale, Arizona. The salads are soggy blobs of lettuse that are mixed in giant bowls and shoveled into smaller bowls. The beer selection is small and overpriced for what you get. The potatoes and fries are just okay. The mushrooms are quite good. You can throw all of that stuff in the trash, though, and just enjoy the glorious steaks. I had a 1.5 pound T-Bone that was possibly as tasty and perfectly cooked as anything I've ever eaten. Everyone at our table raved about their steaks--and said 'meh' about everything else except the mushrooms. The service was just okay--though very good looking. I'd go back, but just for the steak. Go early if you don't want something that is 2 pounds or bigger because they tend to run out of the smaller cuts of meat as the evening goes along.

1  Thank SCalCanz
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

There is always a bit of dissonance between the food served (delicious cuts of premium beef) and the decor (super rustic/homey). Husband and I both had filets and hand cut fries. He added mushrooms to his steak. We split some fried shrimp as an appetizer and had salads as well. It was melt in your mouth delicious. Server was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Gets a 3 because the steak was awesome but rest of food is not! The waitress actually asked us if we "wanted" our salads that come with the meal! Here's why-if you ever ate here before you would say NO! It was iceberg lettuce swimming in Italian dressing. Really inedible. Also had fries (only other choice was some other potato choice. Hard to screw up fries. This was a very expensive meal for just a steak. Don't bother.

1  Thank vetmom