“Family Steak Dinner”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Our family had been camping down at Devil's Den State Park and picked one good meal to have during our vacation. We read the reviews and thought we'd give it a try. The steaks we're excellent. I had porterhouse and my wife the sirloin, we both shared with my oldest and my youngest had the kids chicken strip. Way more food them we could eat, could have easily split one steak and chicken. The chicken was very good also as well as the shrimp we had as an app. We had both fried and boiled. My wife and I like the boiled it had a little kick, kids like the fried because of little/no spice.

Why the 4 over a 5? The salad was a killer! They called it marinated salad. I would have called it old salad that has sat in dressing to long. To bad it is the only option.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Huge disappointment. Ordered porterhouse. First bite cooked correctly. Rest of steak medium rare and impossible to cut. Plus had the extra bonus of a huge white vein running through the entire steak. Not worth $10 much less $50! I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would pay the ridiculous prices for subpar meat. Wife DID love her salad. And daughter liked tamales. I'll not ever return. Plenty of better steaks around.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Fun place together with the family for our graduation celebration. If you leave this place hungry there's no excuse. Unique dining experience. Good food. Meat portions are crazy big if you want. Some of the side dishes left a bit to be desired (wilted salad)... others signature unique (tamales). Service just ok. Fun location on Dickson Street.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here. We ordered a steak and a half/half shrimp. It was amazing!! I never could've finished a steak alone. HUGE! But well worth it. Atmosphere was a little loud because they were very busy. But I wouldn't let the noise keep me from the great food.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I went with a conference group of 100 to Doe's. They made our steaks to order so it did take some time but the wait was worth it. Not sure if it was due to our group size but most steaks came out about one degree of doneness under what was ordered. I ordered medium rare but it came rare. Not a problem for me but it was for others. My Rib-Eye was tremendous and HUGE. Wish I could have taken the leftovers home. I would definitely go back.