“Amazing madras”

The Silver Oak
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Silver Oak Indian where diners can get to know and appreciate Indian cuisine at its best and enjoy all the rich flavours and aromas we have to offer
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is my regular takeaway treats and is one of my favourite restaurants, the food is always beautiful.

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank El N

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

To begin with, this is definitely the best Indian food in Mullingar. Finding decent, fresh, enjoyable Indian food can often be a chore in itself. You can have one nice dish in one place, visit another and have the polar opposite experience. In my experience, the Silver Oak offer the most consistently good food. I thoroughly enjoy the food whenever I get it from there.

Having said that, the majority of my visits are for a take away, and that is my most common method of eating here.

In the many times I have visited the restaurant, I’ve never really felt the same love for the food as I do when getting take away. That isn’t because the food is different, but the atmosphere in which I eat the food. The restaurant is typically quiet - which is never a bad thing but the Silver Oak seems to lack any atmosphere whatsoever in these circumstances. Chilly. Dark. Music playing mostly into the front desk area. You feel somewhat forgotten when eating out in the restaurant. Service staff are friendly and charming but the timing of the food can be hit or miss. In my visits to the restaurant, the next dish either comes straight after the one you’ve just finished or it comes after what feels like a lifetime. A breather between courses is never a bad thing but as customers, we grow restless waiting too long.

To summarise, as a take away the food is top notch and I believe you’d be hard pressed to find a better Indian take away in Mullingar. As a restaurant however, I’ve found the service inconsistent. Despite the great food, the atmosphere and service can ultimately detract from a pleasant evening. This doesn’t feel like an Indian restaurant that offers take away food. It feels like a take away that offers a restaurant on the off chance someone wants it.

My best experience, is to order take away. It really is 5 star food.

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank evilsc0t
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Was in Mullingar visiting and fancied an indian. Entrance is a bit off putting as it's just a doorway that leads to steps going upstairs to restaurant.

Service was excellent and prompt. Food was exquisite - had the best lamb bhuna that I've ever tasted.

A must if in Mullingar.

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank Podginator
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was absolutely freezing we had to ask them to bring over a heater it was that cold! The food took a while to come out but when it did it was nice shame it was so cold we couldn’t enjoy it. Probably will never go back. I’d say it would be better for takeaways rather than a sit down meal.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank megan797
Reviewed 4 March 2018

best indian ive come across, really authentic and the restaurant has a great atmosphere with lovely staff

Date of visit: February 2018