“Home from home. Ignore the negative 'reviews'. I'm already booked for next time!”
Review of Mullingar B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullingar
Mullingar B&B
Ranked #15 of 18 Mullingar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2016

The b & b is completely central. At the front of it, you step into the main street, talk about convenience! If you walk inside through the hall you are led to a lovely wee eaterie which the same family run. When we went in to ask about a bed and breakfast they led us out the back of the building. I don't know how many rooms are in the place but our family room was booked out of a row, overlooking a courtyard. Simply fabulous. Gorgeous decor (genuinely) clean, lots of space.
The lady who dealt with us was called Helen - lovely friendly person who couldnt do enough for us.
As our room was at the back courtyard (reminded me so much of staying in Greece) I worried we might hear a lot of noise during the night. We simply didnt. The back part of the building runs out onto a quiet back street with few pedestrians. Because it was warm weather we kept our room windows open and we had a great sleep.
A tv in the room, coffee and tea facilities, never mind the reviewer who said there wasn't even a 'tap!' LOL.
No this is a decent and hardworking wee family, you will know it the minute you meet them. I highly recommend them and Im booked back in for 4 nights in August.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda J

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

This B+B was brilliant it seemed to be newly refurbed.I paid roughly 50 for the night and was worth every cent.Its right in the town centre and near the train station.The place is very modern decent Wi-Fi,power sockets beside beds unlike 90 percent of Irish B+Bs or top hotels for that matter. Room was big,Cosy,Clean. The staff are brilliant,friendly and they give the place a heart and you feel genuinely welcome here.Breakfast was freshly made,tasty and plenty of it too.It's been along time since I got this type experience in a B+B. I am a cameraman and travel around Ireland alot so I have been to many but very few had this level of service and heart.This is definately the best B+B in Mullingar and will stay here again.I arrived tired and wery and left rested and ready. Top Class.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I've had a lovely stay in this B&B which is located right in the centre of town and provides parking at the rear. Rooms are clean spacious and comfortable.. the staff in the b and b are more than accommodating . There is also cafe located within the b&b and the food is spectacular. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone and I will stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2016

nice place , basic rooms , i stayed here some years ago and again recently, this b & b has had a makeover, my single room was fine but it had no bedside locker , breakfast was served in the cafe , which is also open to the public , lovely staff , b & b breakfast is cereal and tea and toast which was fine for me as i am a vegetarian, there is a back entrance which they should tell you about when you book as i did not know this and i was waiting for about 20 mins to get in and it was freezing

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Cold room, no wardrobes, no dressing table, even no cold water in tap !!!!!!
Help yourself cold breakfast with no waitress in attendance.
Many other b&b,s in town which I was told later are much better.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank 3kevmac
MullingarBB, Owner at Mullingar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

3kevmac I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our heating is on 24/7 to ensure the rooms are always warm, at times some guests turn off the radiators so maybe that was the case? On very cold nights we can provide additional heaters in the rooms. It is unfortunate you did not make us aware of this issue as we could have resolved it.
All our rooms have either wardrobes or hanging facilities and a dressing table under the mirror or a freestanding desk. I apologise for the cold water, again unfortunately we weren't aware wasn't working. With buildings as big as ours, there are always maintenance issues which we try our best to resolve as quickly as possible. Our staff begin work between 7.00-7.30 Tue to Sat and 8.30-9.00 on Sun and Mon so there is always someone available for assistance.
On making our reservation you would have been informed that our rooms include Continental breakfast and a hot breakfast is available Tue- Sat.