Hostal Jomarijo
Angela Hotel(Fuengirola)
  • Restaurant
Las Rampas(Fuengirola)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Booked here for 2 nights. On arrival we checked in and were shown our room. It was very clean but there was an interior door behind the wardrobe that had been locked. Next door were listening to the radio on their phone and it sounded like it was in our room. As I lay in the bed for a small siesta whoever was next door opened a can of drink and I thought it was my wife opening it in our room. We decided to pack up and check out, we were not offered another room as it was full. The walls are thin enough, but having this locked interior door that didn't fit into the frame properly was a joke. Lost our money, but we wouldn't have got any sleep here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank musicman69
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 20 days to visit family and friends. Room was always spotlessly clean. Had use of pool next door which was a bonus. ( just ask for card key for gate) found it a pain that you have to ring bell on front door of hostel to get in. I would come in often at early hours of morning and felt uncomfortable doing this, but there was always someone around. Had WiFi free a bit patchy worked best in hallway, sometimes in room if you were lucky!. Most staff spoke very basic English so unless you speak some Spanish it could be difficult if you need to ask something. In good location not far from shops bars and train station. Found it annoying that you were told no eating in your room or washing your clothes either. Had a balcony so used to sneak in my food and eat it there if I wanted! Used to wash clothes if necessary and hang over chair on balcony. Found the rules a bit unnecessary. If you do need to wash a large amount of clothes there is a laundrette at the garage up the road. There is a large fridge in hallway for everyone's use,handy to keep your drinks cool. Had room with bathroom as don't like sharing a communal one and for a bit more money was definitely worth it. Ask for a room at back away from road can get noisy at night as there is a bar next door.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016

The location is a few minutes walk to the beach and the town centre. An easy stroll to the bus and train stations. Plenty of places to eat near by and the local pubs arent to bad either. The hostal is clean and tidy. The room, with private bath, is small with very limited clothes space. One wardrobe but with a number of hangers. The bed is really quite comfortable. The linen is changed each day. As we are here during the summer there are just sheets on the beds but believe me they are not needed. The walls are pretty thin so you do hear the neighbours.There is use of the pool at the back, used by residents of the houses too. This has a life guard on at all times and he keeps everyone in line, in a nice way. The hostal staff do not speak much English, we did find one but she was not in very often. Yes we read a review were the main receptionist was mentioned, towards us she was totally lovely. If either of us did not understand at first hand gestures and pointing worked wonders. The wifi is a bit of a hit or miss.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Vile woman on reception threatened to throw me out before I'd even checked in saying I spoke too loudly.. Had to whisper while in room, walls were paper thin.. Could hear other residents going to toilet; doors banging; vile woman on reception arguing in Spanish; cleaners broke a full bottle of Mac foundation and wouldn't take responsibility. Awful place!!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine D
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

I am just back from staying here and I have to see its a lovely, clean hostel, close to beach and city centre. Although one member of the staff I found rude and abrupt, we had a slight problem with booking through booking.com but she couldn't listen to my side of the story and insisted booking.com was correct, also the cleaners smashed my expensive make-up bottle but she insisted it wasn't and it must of been me. I wouldn't pick to stay here again, solo because I didn't think their customer service was upto standard. Then trying to explain things, the said person just kept talking over me and being rude. Otherwise a good hostel

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family