“Gastronomic afternoon ”
Review of El Talegazo

El Talegazo
Ranked #10 of 140 Restaurants in La Orotava
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Thanks for a great afternoon and for the service no matter we arrive after 4:00 pm .
Great food amazing service and clean place.
The wine good taste.
Thanks.
I recommend for everyone that one a local food in a family place

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Omg!!! we had a random encounter last week with this amazing restaurant. It was so nice. Very beautiful decorated, very friendly waiter/cook and delicious food.
we had chickpeas, iberico-pork, goatcheese and some red wine. Wow! i think the chickpeas were the best i ever had.
the wine was also fantastic. both, food and drinks were cheap in prize, but high end in quality!!!
i think it was one of our highlights in tenerife. everybody who traveld to tenerife should visit this two nice guys and their awesome restaurant. i will come back!!!
there is also a very nice view ober orotava:-)

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Thank you for a great afternoon with very delicous tapas and a wonderful view. The fillet was succulent, goat cheese also tasty. The dessert was a sweet orange that we picked up by ourselves. Must-do on your way to Teide! Watch the cock in the garden. Best greetings from Germans

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Lunch at El Talegazo proved to be the highlight of our day in Tenerife! No surprise though, my Tenerife tour guide and I had done our research. I'd wanted smaller, comfortable and casual, with simple but well prepared local fare. That's what we got ... and so much more!

I actually hesitate as I write this glowing report. I don't want to be responsible for dampening the ambience for the locals who frequent this wonderful establishment. (Too many tourists could do just that!) My group of 12 fellow cruise passengers took up a large table, but even as "outsiders" (so to speak), we were made to feel like family.

The lovely views, the flowering gardens, rustic wooden tables, wandering chickens, local families ... such a warm and welcoming atmosphere!

Service could not possibly have been more personal or attentive. Laura and her staff were incredible. And the food; I can't say enough! We enjoyed the mojo sauces with bread, a chick-pea casserole to die for, "papas arrugadas," assorted croquettes, roasted chicken and more. The local red wine was so special that some of us negotiated to buy a bottle or two from the restaurant. Everything was perfect. We could have stayed on for hours, just relaxing in the afterglow!

So, if you find yourself near La Orotava, seek out El Talegazo for lunch or dinner. You won't regret it!

1  Thank anole215
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I absolutely loved my experience here! The food was amazing. I think my favorite was the different dips provided with the bread. Can you say mojo rojo!! The staff was wonderful and the view was as beautiful as I could've hoped for. Do not pass up the opportunity to go here if you have the chance.

2  Thank Josh B