“For a comprehensive review of Dali's work”

Dali Theatre-Museum
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Figueres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Instituted in 1974, this museum was built on the remains of the former Figueres Theater, and features a broad range of works of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989.)
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went on a very rainy and cold day, so no queue, and could get a ticket immediately. Place not crowded as mentioned by many visitors on the internet. Downside is it's too rainy to walk around it to appreciate the exterior and the architecture.
I have seen quite a bit of Dali's works before, plus films and documentaries on him/his works. He is an important figure in Surrealism, and for this, a trip to this museum is something I should do at least once, taking into consideration that while a number of his works are amazing, I am not his biggest fan.
This time, I was particularly impressed by his jewellery designs, which I didn't know before. I also found the paintings (figurative and abstract at the same time) by another artist displayed on the top level very interesting.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,681)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"his wife"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

first of all, if you decide to visit the museum, buy your tickets online minimum a day before, to avoid the long queue at the entrance. as they showed a limited available tickets online, I thought that it won’t be so crowded inside the museum, but I was totally wrong. they were so many people and especially kids that it was hard sometimes to get through an exhibition room. consequencly you couldnt really enjoy watching the art. moreover, I was expecting a different display of Dali’s artworks. paintings and sculptures are not place by theme or era, the exhibition rooms are just filled with too much art randomly. and unfortunately there are no informative text next to the paintings. in some cases paintings are not by Dali so you get totally confused if its by him or not as it is not well indicated. additionally, most artworks are not the one you would expect. most artworks are drawings and not the famous surreal works you see in renowned art museums around the world (I’ve only seen about five in total). in the end it felt more like an amusement park for families (and that is probably the reason why it is rated so well). if you expect a museum, the visit is not worth, especially for 14 euro entry and 2 hours drive from Barcelona!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

been there alreayd the second time it is always wonderful to visit ...unfortunately it seems to be always crowded ....last time I did it on a weekend so it was crowded this time during the week early morning but with two bus loads of French school children everybody can easily imagine it was not always nice but it is a MUST to visit

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Interesting, but I expected for more. We came from Barcelona by train, it took us about 2,5 hours just to get to Figueres and it was not worth such a long journey. I would recommend visiting it only if you are around.

1  Thank Marina R