“A Little Gem!”

Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We met friends for lunch at this delightful restaurant in the centre of Marlow. The staff were welcoming, good humoured, polite and efficient - everything you want in a restaurant.
The lunch was amazing value - £19.50 for 3 courses and 15.50 for 2 courses. An amuse bouche of delicious soup arrived unannounced and we, variously, chose cured salmon as a starter, followed by cod with lentils and lamb. No puds because the portions were more than adequate but had coffee and mint tea (real leaves!) which came with little petits fours.
It was great value and we cannot wait to return.

1  Thank Vigilant2013

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My wife and I had dinner at Vanilla Pod while staying overnight in Marlow.
This is a unique restaurant. We had the a la carte menu , all dishes excellent particularly the scallops with black pudding.
This is a very small restaurant with only five tables, which gives it a very intimate atmosphere, resulting in diners on different tables comparing the dishes they were eating.
An enjoyable evening which we will repeat next time we are in the area.

2  Thank colin r
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We were in a party of 6 and we chose the Gourmand Menu. It was excellent and the service was not only very efficient but all staff were smiling!1 it was a joy for us to eat in pleasant surroundings. We all had different gins and the choice was very wide. The wines were also very good and recommended by the sommelier. We will definitively return.

2  Thank sinclair45
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We returned to the Vanilla Pod which I consider to be the best restaurant in Marlow. We once again had the 7 course gourmand menu although there were also the a la carte and fixed price options available. Marcus the sommelier was very knowledgeable about all aspects of both wines and the considerable selection of gins on offer. I tried 3 different gins with my meal and I have to say that the rose was the best gin and tonic that I have ever had, The service was perfect. An altogether charming experience.

2  Thank Lyn P
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My first visit to this little restaurant in Marlow. It was a celebration lunch for a large group of friends and we were certainly not disappointed. The chef had gone out of his way to cater for those who were vegetarian or were gluten-free/nut-allergic. The young waiter and waitresses were unobtrusive and yet extremely helpful and attentive. The food was presented beautifully and was of a high quality and delicious. It made the day very special for everyone. A big thank you from me!

3  Thank lyn0n