“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Marlow
Price range: US$13 - US$21
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food was amazing! Love the new menu! (Cod kebab was especially good!) Our server Nikoli was great, sorted everything out for us and made us feel really at home! Will definitely come back!

1  Thank 6lickme9
Marlow B, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi!

Thanks for leaving us a review!

We will be sure to pass your comments onto Niko, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a horrendous experience, waited half an hour for our first round of drinks, another half an hour for 1 starter followed by the rest of the starters another half an hour later! When our main did come the waitress spilled the garlic sauce from the hanging kebab onto my lap, ruining my brand new pair of trousers and meaning I had to go home instead of going out to celebrate my birthday after dinner. The only positive was they offered to pay for dry cleaning and reduced the food bill, luckily a brilliant waiter who was temping at the restaurant handled our complain well. Unfortunately though I cannot not recommend and will not be returning.

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for leaving us a review.

This most definitely doesn't sound like our usual standard of service, and I will look into this further. If you wish to discuss further, please send an email to maddilewis@nwtc.uk.com.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a birthday lunch on a Monday. Was very quiet. Sat by the fire. The venue is lovely and staff very friendly. The food is good value and the presentation is good. We all have hanging kebabs, they were delicious!! Will defiantly be coming back to try the cocktails

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the lovely review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed our Hanging Kebabs, and we look forward to seeing you again for a cocktail!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Service is atrocious, I am 18 and born in January 2000 and we went in March 2018 and the waitress couldn't work out my age. I get a cocktail, my friend who doesn't have ID on her takes a sip - waiter comes over to us in a patronising manner and tells us that he has 'seen her drinking' and 'this is our first warning or we will have to leave'. Regardless of her age, I am an adult so she is allowed to drink when accompanied by me. Very rude and the staff had clearly been talking about us - the vibe was so awkward and we kept seeing them staring at us. Forgot to bring out other drinks and overall was an awful experience. 1/10 would not recommend at all - have told friends to not even bother going into the Marlow branch the staff are horrific at their waitressing jobs.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Never been to a place like it, the decor is crazy but a wicked experience. The food is fantastic, everything I've had, My favorite is the Steak Sandwich... or the hanging Kebab... or maybe the Malaysian curry. and the customer service is second to none.

STORY: We ordered desert which took about 25 minutes to come which granted it a bit of a wait but nothing upsetting and the place was rammed. When the waiter came over with the desert he stated that they were removing them from the bill due to the wait. I didn't even say anything, didn't complain and would have been more than happy to pay. That's pre-emptive customer service which is VERY rare these days.
Fantastic.

Hi Alex,

Wow - what a fantastic review!

We'd love to see you again to try the hanging kebab, malaysian curry or steak sandwich - or all three!!