“Hotel OK, Restaurant a fiasco”

Brewers Fayre Freebridge Farm
Ranked #101 of 202 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pre-booked a table for 17, sat down at 19.20, at 21.00 two of us hadn't received our meal "your burger went to the wrong table", two had never received their side orders, one had sent his completely cold meal back, only to get a luke warm replacement. Restaurant manager refused to speak to us, very helpful manager from the hotel came over and immediately dealt with the problem and refunded everyone for their meal. Said the restaurant service was completely unacceptable. On first night, they served me drinks in hot glasses, when I complained barman said he will not serve me again! On the second night, inexperienced waiter, came back 4 times to check on the order, only to tell us 30 minutes later one of the menu choices was not available. Eventual excuse was that they did not have enough waiters to deliver the food from the kitchen pass - the restaurant was heaving with customers! Only one barman on duty on a Saturday night. Will NEVER return for a meal. My beef - I never got anything to eat but they refunded some of my meal-deal price. Others got their meal and then didn't pay - so I suffered a double whammy!

2  Thank Jeff T

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited Freebridge Farm on Thursday 29th March 2018 as part of an overnight stay at the Premier Inn next door. We had pre booked dinner and breakfast as part of our stay, so we expected not to be too affected by the bank holiday weekend. On arrival there was a large hand written poster advising an hour wait for a table, or if pre booked then a 45 minute delay for food. We were told by the waitress we could have the “chefs table” buffet readily available or wait for a menu item. We opted to see what the chefs table was - a selection of curry’s and rice on the hot plate. Some of us opted for the curry, so due to the delay for menu items we ate 45 minutes apart, the veggie curry ran out so I ordered from the menu, then they found some more veggie curry so we cancelled my order. The veggie curry was grey slop at best, the only veg I could find in it was peas, we then ordered desserts which were smaller portions than advertised and poorly presented, I think at this point they were trying to make the food stretch a bit further than it should have, our dessert fondue sharing platter was 3 strawberries cut into 8 segments, 6 marshmallows, broken pieces of waffle and the tiniest saucer of chocolate dipping sauce. Breakfast was luke warm and average at best, and again the buffet ran out of scrambled eggs, hash browns and orange juice. Overall it was a bit of a disaster, and sadly will affect our decision to stay at the Premier Inn as the two are linked. We shan’t be back.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Visited for Dinner at 5.15, ordered food and it arrived at almost 6pm. Was far too busy for them and they couldn't cope. People were waiting over an hour for both tables and food and were rejecting the food due to the wait. Food was adequate but nothing special.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife and myself went here for a quick meal on our way home from Hunstanton, and had a Scampi and chips and a Mixed grill, which were both OK, and served fairly quickly in spite of being a Sunday mid afternoon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Went on Saturday night called by the allure of the 'special' limited edition burgers.
What a disappointment, the quality and presentation doesn't live up to the images on the menu's or flyers pushed through our door. Certainly well done, burger bread was dry and crumbling, the goujons were tough and dry, and the onion rings resembled the rope hoops in hoopla!
Thank god the waitress was a delight!