“Best Bakery in N.Berwick”
Review of Bostock Bakery

Bostock Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in North Berwick
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Window full of delicious bread and cakes.

Greeted by helpful friendly staff who had to take each customer through every item on display. But each and every item looked so deliciously home baked. Better than any national corporate bakery.

Cinnamon buns and coffee just wonderful.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t enter thinking you can go into this bakery and select your bread or baked goods! Oh no. This is the second time we have visited the bakery to purchase some bread (which to be fair is pretty good) however the customer service is completely invasive. You are pounced on as soon as you enter and no matter if you want this or not, are taken through each item available and the ingredients used. Do not think you can pop in, use the tongs and heaven forbid pick your own bun. This can only only be carried out by the staff in the bakery. Next time I’d like to not be harassed as soon as I walk in and pick me own bun, thanks!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a few times and cakes are always lovely HOWEVER...the older lady running the bakery was positively seething when I placed a bostock in one of their paper bags (using tongs provided I may add).

This was their job I was told and a little sign was pointed out. This is to ensure customers don’t steal cakes. That’s what the other girl told me not what the sign said (just to clarify).

Extremely disappointed in the service and not how returning customers should be treated.

1  Thank Barbra08
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Just had a couple of sausage rolls and a bread stick, but all very delicious. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We regularly buy cakes from Bostock Bakery but when I went in this afternoon I was told ''sorry were shut'' I was a bit taken aback. The door was unlocked and there was a customer sitting having coffee. Don't think I will be giving them any more business. The cakes are usually great, but this takes the biscuit. Rated 1 star for poor customer service and attitude.

2  Thank 120Relaxed120