eDreams
StayForLong
Agoda.com
Priceline
All reviews doc martin the pub mussels pudding steep hill cornish breakfast coastal path breakfast was excellent st austell long weekend sea view cornwall cove dogs pilchards pint snug
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2021

Oh dear! After many visits to the Port Gaverne hotel over the years, last week's visit was a let-down. It seems that the prices go up and up and yet the quality and service are on the decline. My friend and I selected 2 different wines and both tasted 'off'. The view from my seat was super........the sea rolling into this pretty cove but unfortunately we won't be rushing back.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 15 May 2021

Only had a meal here but would love to stay over. The best fish and chips I have ever eaten (with a pint of cider) in my life... Still can taste it now. Staff really friendly and helpful. Visited when we could only eat outside (covid) but the weather was kind to us. Perfect afternoon in Port Gaverne.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, great selection on the menu, we chose the lamb with devilled Kidneys, this was simply delicious, so tasty and so tender. The staff were very friendly and efficient, would definitely eat here again. Great outdoor space both outside the restaurant and in a garden.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2021

We stayed in Port Isaac for a week and were lucky enough to get unusually good weather for April - cold but sunny. We therefore managed to eat out in the evening - somewhat unexpectedly. We’ve not been to the Port Gaverne before but it was absolutely FABULOUS. So much so that I booked twice. The food is excellent - so much more than pub grub. Perfectly cooked fish on both occasions and piping hot. The setting is beautiful and the staff were excellent. This must have been such a tough time for all of the team but, with food and service this good, they will be perfectly set up for a busy summer. We’ll certainly be back. Amazing.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2021

Booked this accommodation on 3 February for a stay in July 2021 - cancelled the booking on 4 February (as found alternative accommodation in Port Issac). The hotel took the deposit (cost of the first night) on 3 February however I am still waiting to receive this money back 3 weeks later despite numerous requests for a refund via both email and the hotel's website. I would not book this hotel in future.

Date of stay: February 2021