US$182
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Strand House(Padstow)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard roommiddle streetpennedelivery vanscomfortable bedwell stocked mini barrick steinseafood restaurantbreakfast downstairsbrown toiletriescentral locationspent one nighttwo night staybiscuitsgreat showerfull englishtea and coffee
Reviewed 4 July 2017

These are my exact travel notes: All was fine. Pretty room and bath. Everything in room is an advert for more RS's. A/C unit barely cooled; too noisy to open windows, we happened to be there on hottest days in the UK since 1976!
We arrived at appointed place to be escorted to the building where our rooms were located; they are a little ways away from reception. Our room was stylish and lovely, central to the Padstow experience and convenient to anything one may want to do there!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017

this was the 2nd leg of our excellent Martin Randall walking tour and had in my mind a couple of old converted buildings, with cramped rooms and squeaky floorboards .
Wrong ! It is a modern building with good modern rooms of a reasonable size .
Our room overlooked the bay . I was wrong too about the restaurant, i suspected
it would be ok but not special as sometimes these popular venues can be.It was exceptional with very efficient and affable staff led by Peter who seems to have more arms than an Octopus . Wonderful food and a wine list to match. Our first night dinner was at the nearby St Petroc Bistro ,also part of the Stein chain where i had, arguably ,the best steak i have ever had on my many trips to England and in a town famous for its seafood. And the Martin Randall “Walks to Stately Homes” tour?. very enjoyable , very professional and very seamless.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place. Excellent food, excellent accommodation and super staff. I treated my husband to a two night stay for his 60th. It was totally unforgettable and I wish we could stay more often. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We checked in at The Sea Food Restaurant, and a super member of staff called Steven walked us up to the bed and breakfast, our room was named Thrifty and so sweet and very clean, filled with goodies, Molten Brown toiletries, fine quality tea and coffee with yes fresh milk also a well stocked mini bar. Our dear labrador was very heartened to see a Chalkies pal blanket to snuggle in. We had cocktails at Ruby's bar and enjoyed supper at St. Petrocs, really beautiful especially the neeps. Wonderful comfortable bed to sink into back at the B & B, I really didn't want to get up this morning. Breakfast at the B & B was delicious, my husband and I would like to thank the lovely attentive staff delivering a yummy breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma F
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I stayed her and was very disappointed in the cleanliness do the bedding. I asked for new pillows as they smelt, I took of the pillow case and the nylon pillow proctor was full of hairs and swear stains. I was shocked with the lack of concern from the manager, I was just left 2replacement pillows out the bedroom door and was supposed to use the same pillow case. It was an expensive room with cheap bedding. My advice if you stay is check the pillows and mattress cover, I could not bring myself to check the mattress cover myself.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple