“Pretty much inedible. The”
Review of Rick Stein's Cafe

Rick Stein's Cafe
Ranked #26 of 82 Restaurants in Padstow
Price range: US$46 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Spanish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With fresh fish landed right here on our doorstep, our café creates simple seafood dishes with imaginative flavours. Our menu changes daily with influences from afar including dishes such as pad Thai noodles, salt and pepper prawns and cod curry. Breakfasts, cakes and coffees - From the classic full English breakfast to layered granola compote our breakfasts are the perfect way to start the day. Join us at our café in Padstow for a mid morning treat and enjoy homemade cakes and freshly ground coffee.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Pretty much inedible. The mussels were fine but the fish curry was truly revolting. Apart from salt the only other flavour I could detect was a sour after taste. The green bean side was described by my partner as ‘Total vomit’

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,242)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Steak meal
Birthday present, which was delivered as scheduled. Meal was delicious, one of the best steaks we have had. Instructions easy to follow and very generous portions. I did cook the potatoes for longer than instructed and they were good. Sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream yummy.
We are now mulling over which one to have next!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

It was a gift from a dear friend and it was quite excellent. Instructions were clear and simple. Only two minor gripes - should label the ingredients containers so we know what's what. Passion Fruit mess could have done with more passion fruit for more of a tart effect. Otherwise it was excellent.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

We enjoyed the Indonesian curry box and it exceeded expectations from start to finish. The mussel starter was so tasty, with plump, fresh mussels that tasted like they were just picked earlier today. The seafood curry was excellent, with fragrant flavours and a perfect green bean side salad. Just when we thought it couldn't get better, the Eton Mess dessert was icing on the cake. Confession - I'm not a fan of Eton Mess, so I thought this would be my least favourite course, but it was amazing! I wish we had more. We loved every aspect of this experience, from receiving the delivery to the unpacking, cooking and eating. I couldn't recommend it enough!!

Reviewed 17 February 2021

Wow ...can’t tell how amazed we were with the Hake box . Ordered for valentines , came Friday . Kept in fridge till Sunday. Everything was prepared . Hardly anything to do except grill the hake and put potatoes in boiling water . Everything was delicious . Really restaurant quality at home. Mackerel pate was so good, I am going to order it from online shop. The sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream was off the scale ...and I am not exaggerating! Going to order chicken dish next . Thank you so much , it was such a treat and a good price for 3 wonderful courses .