“Romantic getaway”

Price range: US$0 - US$96
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in 1975, The Seafood Restaurant in Padstow is famous for establishing an international reputation for the very freshest fish and shellfish, often landed on our doorstep. Head chef, Stephane Delourme and his team create simple seafood dishes with classic flavours using Rick's recipes. We have a seafood bar right in the middle of the restaurant where you can watch chefs assembling platters of oysters, langoustines and sashimi. No reservations are required for the bar and you can order anything from the a la carte menu.
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Took my wife to the seafood restaurant for a romantic birthday getaway and felt I should do a review - As a big Rick Stein fan it was also a treat for me!
We stayed in one of the nicest rooms with a roof terrace and it was truly stunning overlooking Padstow harbour.
The staff were incredibly friendly and professional and created a great impression from the start. The room itself was five star, beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable.
The evening food was absolutely first class, the additional treat of smoked mussels before the starters was much appreciated!
The mackerel and green mango / green papaya salad was fantastic as was the Malaysian fish curry.
The food was superb as expected and the atmosphere and setting was also very relaxed and enjoyable with a first rate wine selection.
The breakfast was also one of the best, the kegeree especially impressive!
Go to this place, eat the amazing food and relax and unwind in the fantastic accommodation and beautiful town of Padstow.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,018)

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

My partner and I booked a meal here a few days ago. I must say we both thoroughly enjoyed the food. However, the service staff seem very robotic without any personality. Perhaps they are trained to be this way and are told to take their jobs very seriously. To be honest I'd prefer a little more personality!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We really enjoyed our lunchtime meal at the Seafood Restaurant. I managed to make a booking online the evening beforehand, which was really easy and efficient to use.

We opted for the fixed price lunchtime menu, which provided a good range of options but at a more affordable price (albeit still at special occasion rates).

The service was very prompt and pleasant, and the waitress was very knowledgeable in answering my questions about the menu (yes, the lobster risotto has chicken stock) without needing to ask the kitchen team.

The meal itself was excellent, and all courses very tasty, as well as being plentiful! I had the cod Goan curry which I very much enjoyed. I am trying to find Rick's recipe so that I can make it at home!

Highly recommended. The highlight of our trip to Padstow.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

What superlatives can be used that probably haven't been already. Stunning food, excellent staff (Jasmine was very friendly judging exactly how we like to be treated, very knowledgeable of both food and wine and very attentive) and I think excellent value for money given the quality of the ingredients and dishes.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

went for my wife's 40th birthday and left very disappointed
service was very poor, felt very rushed as though they did not want us there and wanted to get us of the table as soon as they could
food was average and not as the price suggested it should be
when you are spending almost £100 per head with only one bottle of wine i would have expected better