“Popped in and got a very pleasant surprise”
Review of The Game Larder

The Game Larder
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Yelverton
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Small delicatessen with a great choice of groceries, popped in to have a look around and noted simple food choices but seemed well done. Large long table in middle with a couple of seats in window. The food was great and the home made sausages in buns were the pick of the food. Well worth a stop for a shop and some food

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Woodychester1

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Best coffee in Devon!

Friendly service, tasty food with a great atmosphere. Sell some very good quality produce.
Small and cosy but child friendly too.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We are locals in the area and so it's easy to pop in here and grab a hot drink after a walk on the cycle path (incidentally this place is a firm favourite of the cycling fraternity which is great )
The place is an Aladdins cave of delicious treats to eat and drink and tempting pies and cheeses - and that's just the 'over the counter' half.
The other half is a fantastic selection of hot cooked meals and drinks and always really interesting choices too!
My absolute favourite thing about place though is they sell my favourite Chai Latte powder so I can enjoy my favourite drink in the comfort of my own home! Shame it's not on their hot drinks menu but they are ever evolving so watch this space.
Fab place to pick up an interesting gift (edible or drinkable) that's not the run of the mill prezzie too.

Oh - probably worth mention at this point... it's bench style seating with a lovely long rustic plank bench and high stools seating. We love it but then we love talking to people so as long as you are not previous about your personal space then you'll be just fine

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Always get lovely food here, I love thats it full of lovely different food as I like to try new thing. Staff are so friendly too. Best olives around

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely place. We had simple cottage pie. Cooked perfectly, well seasoned and a welcome hot meal on a bitterly cold day. Good selection of local products. We would have stayed longer but were put off by a very loud opinionated coffee drinker sitting next to us. The main eating area is a large shared table area and normally this would not bother me and I guess we were unlucky. That said we will return.

2  Thank Amanda K