“Easter train ride”

Audley End Miniature Railway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Due to reopen April 2017. The Audley End Miniature Railway and Enchanted Fairy and Elf Walk is a enjoyable day out for the whole family, full of innocent fun and imagination based near Saffron Walden, Essex
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Audley End miniature railway today for the Easter train ride was very good for the young children especially adventure trial to find various things on the list to get a prize at the end a very good day even though it was cold they also run various special events during the year which are all very good

All reviews
"staff dressed"
"craft tent"
"fairy wings"

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Went here yesterday (25th) for the opening Teddy Bear parade and had such a lovely day. I bought a couple of cheap big bears from the local charity shop as entrance was free for children who took along a bear, so we only paid £7 per adult plus a £1 booking fee each (booking online was not necessary but I chose to). We had planned to get there as the site opened but I had forgot about the clocks going forward so we couldn't face the early morning and arrived for about 11 instead. We queued for a about 15/20 minutes for a train but expected this, so it wasn't a problem. Children enjoyed the train ride as always and it was lovely that they got to get off the train and put their bears down to leave them for the displays around the track. There was a big bear there who walked up the train giving the children high-fives, and my 7 year old daughter found it hilarious when he kept coming back to her for more high-fives! The children were also each given a little bear which I thought was a really nice touch, especially as my daughter had grown attached to the one she was giving away during the queue and train ride! A lovely day, made better by the fact that we managed to have the luck of catching the steam train rather than the diesel on this day.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We booked a santa trip here for our three children our oldest being 12 and they all loved the experience. The staff were helpful polite and happy the miniature railway was decorated very nice everybody seemed in the Christmas spirit which was a lovely atmosphere for our children we booked online so we went on the train first and no que going through the woods was lovely and decorated again with Christmas areas when we got to Santa's grotto part the elves were fantastic and so was mr and mrs Claus very kind and talking to every child with a present and sweets very entertaining my children's faces lit up so I was very pleased then after our little train ride my children enjoyed a hot chocolate and cake from the lovely cafe area again polite and helpful staff and also a nice gift shop we brought a new tree decoration but you can buy all sorts in there. My children then enjoyed arts and crafts story telling and face painting all included in the price you could write and post a letter to santa and lots of photo opportunities music and dancing for children would highly recommend visiting the miniature railway only bad thing I can say is there was no reindeers to see or feed.

3  Thank David S
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Family day out, good weather needed. Miniature railway good fun travelling through the woods. Other attractions for the children; various rides, bouncey castle, light refreshments.

2  Thank David L