“No Frills Top Nosh”

Northumberland Street Food
Ranked #10 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

An eatery that some folk might walk past oblivious to the seafood delights that lie within.
The lobster and mornay sauce was so fresh and divine. Very reasonably priced. Donald was a lovely man and offered valuable local tips on where to visit in the area.
Would highly recommend and definitely visit again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

don't be put off by the décor of the shack, go in, the food is fresh and tasty.(try the crab or lobster or anything else on the board-just check the opening times )
and the nice guy serving(who's name I didn't get unfortunately,) was funny and warm and just rather lovely. The food was really well priced and you can take it away or eat in the shack listening to the music.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Found this open today and was intrigued by the menu. Ordered smoked cod mac and cheese, crab cake and sweet potato fries to share. The mac and cheese was divine and crab cake really tasty with loads of crab. Was a great place for a quick lunch just be aware the menu is quite small. Decent prices and great service I'm sure we'll return!

1  Thank beachbumNorwich
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Revisiting Alnmouth today, spotted Northumberland Street Food open. Decided to give it a go and very pleased we did. Started with a pot of crab claws £1 each. Followed by French fries, lobster and lemon mayo £9.95 per head. Had a laugh with Donald who gave us some good local info. All very enjoyable decided to take home crab cakes and kipper pate for later. Loved it.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Don't think I've reviewed a place the same day I've eaten there before but this is exceptional. We were driving home from the Scottish Borders to Sheffield and followed the coast road to beautiful Alnmouth near Alnwick. We needed lunch and were heading to the pub when we spotted this place and its intriguing sign on the door. It's a tiny place so we were lucky to get a table inside and we ordered a selection of things off the board to share. If you like seafood you will not be disappointed. The food is as fresh as you can get and has bags of flavour. If I lived locally I reckon I'd be tucking into the smoked mackerel mac & cheese about three times a week! The fries with the lobster were gorgeous, obviously homemade with bits of skin still on (which I absolutely love), the sauce was delicious. We also had the crab cake and sweet potato fries. Everything was worthy of 5 stars and you get a very friendly welcome. Wish we didn't live 4 hours' drive away, this little place is an absolute gem.