“A very pleasant surprise find. ”
Review of Gulshan

Gulshan
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Cardigan
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

There are some times when only a "curry" will do, so having some time to kill in Aberteifi while my wife was in a meeting, I cane accross this little restaurant, tucked away in a back lane behind the Post Office. The menu seemed comprehensive enough, but when in a strange place, I apply the litmus test ploy of ordering my favourite: Prawn Dhansak.
It certainly didn't disappoint, I'n glad to say.
The only criticism I would offer was that maybe it needed a little more lemon juice to provide that typical sweet/sour taste. However, the side order of lime pickle rectified that.
I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant, even if only on the strength of one dish! I plan to visit again, so enough said...

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We were here supprised as it was a lovely mystery following the signs on veroius corners.But worth it all the way Lovely welcome and service from there was of no issues at all. I couldn't find my usual but was asked what it was and it was done.Thank you All

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Friend and I have been undertaking a "curry safari" in Ceredigion .First time here showed to a table at ground level not overly impressed with a waiters tie hanging on the wall adjacent to a deep freeze as part of the ambience . One of the kitchen staff came in mid meal to root something out from there .

We normally have a jalfrezi which is our usual yardstck This one was quite hot fair enough but "over-onioned" to my liking Each to their own
Service a little slow but pleasant enough finished the " pops" and drinks before took main order maybe having to hop upstairs for the drinks didnt help

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Ordered our food for 6 of us this evening! Took two hours to get to us. Bearing in mind we are only 3 miles from the restaurant itself! We were promised it would be an hour. Took 2! Absolutely ridiculous! We rang after an hour and a half, and asked how long it would be. They told us half an hour. No show. Rang again and was told 15 mins and still nothing! Appalling! We were also told the chef apparently sometimes does the deliveries How you can make paying customers wait this long is beyond me! We won't be trying to order with you again!

1  Thank jessdawn21
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We were well looked after by our energetic waiter who showed us to an upstairs table, on a Friday night without having booked. The rugby was on that evening so maybe we were lucky that everyone was having take aways or watching the match in the pubs. However, we had great service and probably the best vegetarian main course my wife has eaten in a Indian restaurant. Generous portion and full of meat/paneer. Would definitely recommend, although the hygiene rating is only a 3.