“good food and enterainment”

The Castle Cafe Cellar Bar
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Cardigan
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 23 January 2018

lovely food lovely staff and most nights live entertainment.
anything from poetry to rock.
cant fault it

Steve G, other at The Castle Cafe Cellar Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you Wayne :) Nice of you to say. We're very happy that you like the place......

Reviewed 23 November 2017

My wife spotted the sign saying dogs get a free sausage when accompanied by their humans, so we decided to give the place a try.

We were glad we did. My wife had a lovely jacket potato and I had a vegetarian breakfast, and our dog - Lois - enjoyed her sausage.

Our server (Kim, I believe her name was) was extremely friendly and we enjoyed our visit. We'll definitely go back the next time we're down that way!

Steve G, Wifey's little helper 😀 at The Castle Cafe Cellar Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your meal and Lois was happy with her treat Smiles all around

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Board outside said dogs welcome with their humans, free sausage for dogs. Couldn't walk past, so wandered in. Warm welcome, Connie our Springer enjoyed the fuss. Decent variety on menu, we went for the all day breakfast, which was served promptly and was delicious., Connie enjoyed her sausage. Good service and excellent company. Heard all about the cellar bar and live music. Look forward to visiting again.

Steve G, The wife's minion :) at The Castle Cafe Cellar Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that Connie enjoyed her snack and that you all enjoyed Dot's lovely breakfast. I have popped in and checked the breakfasts every day since August 15th 2001 and it's still my fave. Responsibilities eh!

There has to be some benefits to my wife having a cafe................ ;)

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Really popped in to find out about the Cellar Bar Unplugged Music Session in the evening....but stoppped for refreshments....it wasn't anything special but it was pleasant and good value

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

In need of some lunch, we spotted this one on the corner. Menu looked ok, there were already quite a few people eating and more importantly they allowed dogs in. Perfect. The menu is simple offering breakfasts; choice of cold sandwiches, jacket potatoes, paninis and the usual hot and cold drinks. We ordered, and my dog was offered a sausage. Apparently all dogs are offered a sausage.
We ordered tuna sandwich, tuna & cheese panini, ham & cheese panini, both with a side of chips for 50p. All meals arrived looking homely and with a good side salad. Mug of tea and latte. The food had a good taste, paninis could have been toasted a little more if I'm being picky.
£17 all in, which was pretty good value. I'd go back again

Steve G, The boss's other half. at The Castle Cafe Cellar Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Hi and thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us and you were generally happy with everything. I'll look forward to offering another sausage to your dog and getting the paninis more to your taste next time :)