“Fine Dining”

Ranked #11 of 55 Restaurants in Cardigan
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Caemorgan Restaurant is Cardigans only AA Rosette restaurant and is set in elegant georgian dining room with white linen table cloths and napkins. Modern European food is individually prepared to order with all offerings being cooked on site by resident owner/chef. Our food is highly recommended and the high standards of service are managed by owner Beverley to ensure a superb dining experience at reasonable prices. An extensive wine cellar compliments the meal and the relaxed but sophisticated surroundings make for an exceptional experience.
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Caemorgan offer fine dining and David is a superb chef. A good choice on the menu and David has the skills to combine fresh ingredients and flavours that work brilliantly. Thank you to David and Beverly for catering for our complex dietary requirements.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the caemorgan mansion,this tastefully refurbished 5 bedroom guest house just outside cardigan is an ideal place to stay. With large well appointed bedrooms with king size comfortable beds and modern en suite facilities. We booked an evening meal and the locally sourced produce was served to perfection. I had the rib eye steak which was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Beverley and David were charming hosts who were always ready for a chat. We will certainly be returning at some point. John & Del

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Having lived in cities and capitals most of my life, moving to West Wales has led to gastronomic disappointment. We have young kids and don’t eat out much these days. When we do, I’ve lowered my expectations to think that if a meal out is reasonably priced and we aren’t hungry at the end, I haven’t had to cook and wash up, that’s good enough. Consequently, Cae Morgan was a delightful surprise.

The building is attractive, there’s a good vibe, comfortable but not homely, with interesting art on the walls. The tables are nicely spread.

Service was good quality, Val was attentive and friendly. Beverley, the owner, was completely unpretentious but knew her food and wines.

I don’t take photos of my meals, but I wish I had of this one. The Tasting Menu with accompanying wines was a real pleasure. There was a great selection of fish and meats, portions were just right, not microscopic but not over filling. It felt like a banquet. We were “in for a penny’ as it was Valentine’s Day and I wasn’t paying so I don’t know the price! I came away feeling very satisfied with only compliments to pay.

Can’t wait for the next special occasion to return. In my seven years in West Wales, this is definitely my best eating experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Wise_madness
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Superb meal in a lovely cosy environment. Attention to detail was second to none. A visit to Caemorgan mansion is highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Went to a private birthday party at Caemorgan, last night. We had the place to ourselves. Service was very attentive and we all had the taster menue, which was excellent. Nice cosy house party atmosphere, helped along by a blazing log fire. A good night was had by all!

Date of visit: December 2017