“Excellent lunch”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Cardigan
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Beautiful Cafe on the River Teifi, freshly prepared and locally sourced menu. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere where both dogs and humans are welcome. Private bookings for evening meals available contact us for more details.
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We shared a sea food platter and ploughman's. Both were excellent. Two tasty coffees. Friendly service and a view of the river. Really lovely!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

It is rare that we are able to meet up with my niece and her family as they only travel from the east of England to Wales once a year and since we live near Aberaeron and they were staying near Pembroke halfway between us was Cardigan. I wanted to find somewhere to eat that would be a memorable experience and since Poppit Sands is a regular haunt for myself and my husband I thought it would be good to meet up near there so that we could walk after the meal. Being New Years Eve lunchtime not everywhere was open but I found Fisherman's Rest on tripadvisor and it seemed to fit the bill. I booked a table for 6 but there were no available table upstairs which was fine though I really had wanted to be there because of the view. When we arrived we were met by my niece who immediately said what a fantastic table we had and sure enough we had been put upstairs after a cancelation and right next to the window. The view over the estuary was lovely and everyone was so pleased. 3 of us had the fish and chips, 1 had gammon and 2 had burgers and everyone said how tasty it was so I was very happy as the organiser, thing don't always work out that way when you book places you don't know. I want to say thank you so much to the owners and staff for making our day. My husband and I and maybe our dog will definitely be back.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We were with family who had already booked a table having been here once before. On arrival we had a lovely welcome by both the owners and it was also lovely and warm. The lady of the house was very helpful with the menu.It was Christmas Eve and not everything was available on the menu and so she apologised. We had plenty of food between us and the nicest quiche and olives I have ever tasted. The coffee was lovely and atmosphere so laid back. I recommend a visit as my husband and family will definitely be back. Keep up your high standards

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We have a coffee and cake here a couple of times in July. The service is very good and the location is fab, we sat outside by the river and watched the world drifting by. It is so quiet and relaxing and the staff are very attentive.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great homemade food, wonderful local coffee, absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
The owners are so truly lovely and welcoming.
Dog friendly.
Disabled friendly.
Car parking in the council car park makes it easy to park, stay and relax.j
Our favourite place in Cardigan.
We simply head to the fishermans rest each time we are in Cardigan as nowhere else can beat it.